Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun - Jan. 18, 2014 - Pawnee, OK - Sign up now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Mitch. Dennis Hoddy, you need to do the next one. You will like it!

I was thinking about you guys. We are on a 72 hr per week schedule at the power plant for overhaul.

I sure wanted to do it. Heck, 6 miles is not much more than we do on a pheasant hunt.

That 500 yd would have been a beast! I'm good to 300, but never further with a 5.56.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about you guys. We are on a 72 hr per week schedule at the power plant for overhaul.

I sure wanted to do it. Heck, 6 miles is not much more than we do on a pheasant hunt.

That is the truth and carrying a shotgun and box of shells and loaded down with winter clothing it would probably have been pretty close. The walking was not as hard as going through crp either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The adrenalin rush of competition does take a toll. I'm looking forward to doing one. The heat of July is not what I'm looking for though. This one would have been perfect with temps, etc.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you
I ripped / gouged about a thin 1/2 by 1/8 inch piece of skin off my pinky thank goodness there was a medic behind me with tape. That finger bled from stage 2 till stage 4 it just did not want to clot.
On the vtac wall I went one for one at each port time was 1:04. I only shot forty rifle rds for the match I only took fifty total. The 500 yd stage was 47 seconds with 5 or 6 shots took me a second to account for wind.
I zeroed on the mosin Stage
This is fun stuff it brings the kid out in me for sure. I am glad I brought the bolt gun it weighed 14.5 lbs but with the low rd counts I felt I could compete with the AR's. Several of you guys have rifles every bit as heavy so congrats for bringing those 308's
My nephew said he likes this better than USPSA

you were 3 for 6 at stage 3, not only the fastest but lowest round count as well if I remember correctly. Your nephew was a trooper, even when he came back to retrieve those magazines and had to endure the ribbing he got from the other RO he was all smiles.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for helping to make it a great event. I have e-mailed results to the competitors and ROs. I'm looking forward to an even better Run 'n Gun on July 19, and hope to see you all there!

Bentsight

New to the site!
Reaction score
Had a great time and since I finished before dark I didn't have to activate the glo-stick my buddies that I came down with made me wear...
Thanks again to all that put this on!

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys won the lottery on weather, despite the wind. I doubt we'll be that lucky for the summer Run n Gun. I'll probably be starting an IV before taking off, so I can just save time later on. I'll also have the free Oral IV at my stage again, like last year.

i795.photobucket.com_albums_yy231_michaelclm_77eb0586_e332_400d_a14e_04525782271d_zpsee3c493d.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom