Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun - Jan. 18, 2014 - Pawnee, OK - Sign up now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Weather is already scheduled for the July Run N Gun. High 90s to low 100s. No wind. High humidity.
Perfect.
Look for Gold Bond powder to be included as prize.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my heat exhaustion, I only saw the words "free oral". Having just met you and all, I decided to pass.....

Hey, I get it. Quality marketing is important.

unbounce.com_photos_Marketing_Fail_third_rail_QR_Code.png

Bentsight

New to the site!
Reaction score
LOL. My buddies told me to wear a cowbell in case I got lost....

At 55, I'm twice their ages so I listened to a lot of "coaching" on the way there and after the first hill I was thinking I might really need the glo-stick. While one of the other FF's I came down with got 1st place, I was still happy with 8th.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll be glad to have you again Surveyor! How are your wife and kiddo doing?

Yep, the paid customers had it pretty good. It was a good bit colder when we RO's ran the day before.

I had a good run, though I ran out of steam about halfway through due to my lack of running for the past several months, and possibly the fact that I stayed up all night the night before and didn't have anything to eat all day. Once I stopped running, I started to get cold in my sleeveless T. Sticking a long sleeved shirt in my pack was definitely a good idea, and I put it on before Stage 4. I also got incredibly hungry on the run. I was cramping bad by the time I hit the ammo can hill. It was all I could do to keep putting one foot in front of the other, and resist the urge to stop and take a rest. When I finished, I immediately demolished a few bowls of deer stew, and passed out in a chair in John's barn! As for my shooting, I was pretty satisfied with how I did considering how exhausted I was for most of the stages. Getting that first round hit at 500 yards and clearing the stage with 10 rounds or so was probably the high point for me. I was using my irons through the tube of my Aimpoint on that stage, and it worked great. The toughest one for me was Stage 6... I made short work of the first two plates, but had a lot of trouble connecting on the 300 yard target, and finished with only about 15 seconds to spare. I burned up a whole mag at it with no effect. It required more or less the same standard of accuracy as the 500 yard shot, but I suppose I was in a lot worse shape by that point. In any case I gave it my all, and it was good enough for 15th place. Here I am getting ready to run:

i281.photobucket.com_albums_kk201_henschman_Run_20n_20Gun_photo_zpsec57dfde.jpg

Last edited:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading your comments Daniel, I am really curious if anyone lasered the targets and have an accurate reading on the distances. By my rifle dope, I was shooting way high on the 500 and had to bring it down to hit it. My guess on it would be closer to 400 than 500. Stage 6 final target gave me trouble too but I think it was more like 225 or so? I was shooting over it too and had to drop down to my 200 zero aiming at the right edge of the target to get the hits. Anybody carry their rangefinder?

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the 500 I was holding low to hit. I'd guess it was at 425-450. No way for me to tell on the 300, it was so windy I was waving my rifle like a flag in the wind. Not quite spray and pray stuff, but high wind on the top of the hill made for by far the toughest shooting of the match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom