Pawnee Winter Run 'n Gun - Jan. 18, 2014 - Pawnee, OK - Sign up now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my training for this has pretty much fallen apart. I was looking ok through mid-November; I had worked my way up to some pretty solid 5-mile runs (hadn't done that in years!).

Now instead of running I'm trying to rehab illiotibial band syndrome and plantar fasciitis concurrently. Probably gonna take a while to cover 6.5 miles. Oh well... I'll bring a bottle of Aleve and have a fun day anyway! How's everyone else's training going?

Dude, I haven't seen a gym since the first week of october and haven't actually *run* since the last week of the same month. I now make my living sitting in a truck most of the day instead of walking cross-country 10-12 miles a day.

I'll be walking this one just like I did the last one. There's no shame in it.

Set your pace, keep your head up and swing those arms while you breath. Push.

You'll be doing far and above what the blow-hards sitting on the couch will be doing!

Ek ;)

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, I've just been shooting from 200-500 yards mainly. I will probably walk most of this.

I feel good about all the rifle shooting except the 500 yard stage (of course). I'm good out to 400, but I'm just not quite dialed in at 500. I'm hoping the target's in front of a berm where I can get some visual impact confirmation and make my final holdover adjustments.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my training for this has pretty much fallen apart. I was looking ok through mid-November; I had worked my way up to some pretty solid 5-mile runs (hadn't done that in years!).

Now instead of running I'm trying to rehab illiotibial band syndrome and plantar fasciitis concurrently. Probably gonna take a while to cover 6.5 miles. Oh well... I'll bring a bottle of Aleve and have a fun day anyway! How's everyone else's training going?

Dude, I haven't seen a gym since the first week of october and haven't actually *run* since the last week of the same month. I now make my living sitting in a truck most of the day instead of walking cross-country 10-12 miles a day.

I'll be walking this one just like I did the last one. There's no shame in it.

Set your pace, keep your head up and swing those arms while you breath. Push.

You'll be doing far and above what the blow-hards sitting on the couch will be doing!

Ek ;)

^^^^amen!!!^^^^^

Honestly, Im much better prepared for this one than I was for the summer run n gun. Ive been fortunate to have zero injuries and the time to put boots to dirt on a schedule. I am fairly certain I will finish ugly, but I will finish.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got half my schedule cleared up! If my bride can switch some days around I might be able to compete...won't be able to RO as originally planned because I'll just be getting home from a work trip on Friday.

My biggest apprehension at this point is the distance. I've got no problem run-walking like I did during the summer event, but the distance might cause a time crunch. Don't want to start late and not have time to finish!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got half my schedule cleared up! If my bride can switch some days around I might be able to compete...won't be able to RO as originally planned because I'll just be getting home from a work trip on Friday.

My biggest apprehension at this point is the distance. I've got no problem run-walking like I did during the summer event, but the distance might cause a time crunch. Don't want to start late and not have time to finish!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in. Paid up on Eventbrite this morning...too late for a T-shirt though dangit.

40ish tickets left...

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the weather forecast looks depressingly nice for friday and saturday.
Lows in the 30's, highs in the lower 50's. No precip, and humidity in the 40-50% range with clear skies. Winds are expected to be below 10 mph.

Latest posts

Top Bottom