pellet rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at the Gamo Whisper at Academy last night. Who has one and give factual details on power, accuracy, QUIET. My Ruger is accurate and powerful, squirrel / rabbit at 30 yrds is a gimme. It is quiet enough I use it to clear squirrels out of my pecan tree in town, but the idea of quieter is very intriguing.

Single pump beats the crap out of multiple pump for power and follow up shots. I have two Crosmans for the grandkids, the multiple pump saves me LOTS of pellets.

The LARGE caliber / SCUBA bottle rifles are extremely interesting, would LOVE to see them legalized for deer.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is AWESOME, Cy. Would love to see that on some hogs.

me too .. hogs are game so there's no rules on what you get to shoot em with

A pellet gun section would be fantastic. Other states are allowing some big game take with air guns .
They're called pcp and come i. Many different calibers thanks lone wolf

seems Arkansas allows big bore airguns for deer .. can't wait until Okla allows it too.

Turbo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Gamo Silent Cat that seems to work well. It is quite loud with the Gamo Raptor pellets that it was supplied with but much quieter with slower standard lead pellets.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at the Gamo Whisper at Academy last night. Who has one and give factual details on power, accuracy, QUIET. My Ruger is accurate and powerful, squirrel / rabbit at 30 yrds is a gimme. It is quiet enough I use it to clear squirrels out of my pecan tree in town, but the idea of quieter is very intriguing.

Single pump beats the crap out of multiple pump for power and follow up shots. I have two Crosmans for the grandkids, the multiple pump saves me LOTS of pellets.

The LARGE caliber / SCUBA bottle rifles are extremely interesting, would LOVE to see them legalized for deer.

Thats what Im leaning to , got lots of 'possums round here.

In the mean time a good Ol Daisy Red ryder will knock them on theyre butts, accurate quiet as heck

But remember, even an air rifle ( arrows are even more so) Not legal to shoot in city limits.

Ive got an older compound bow ,dialed down,that I dispatch them with after knocking them down with the Red Ryder.

Would Never shoot an arrow above the 6' fence, the reason for dialing it down,...it wont penetrate the fence

Note: these are not legal to shoot in the city limits... ;)

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom