pellet rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid I went through many packs of BB's with a Crossman 760. After reading this, I'm thinking I want a Gamo Whisper but I don't know much about them. Can you still use .177 pellets as well as BB's with these newer guns?

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Jersey Sucks!

Possible Problem With Possession Of Some Air Powered Firearms in New Jersey

BB Gun Possession Could Come with Prison Sentence

Laws from Trenton only Slightly less crappy than Gun Laws from Washington

While strutting into the "Outdoor" section of Dick's, convinced I'm the coolest uncle in the world, I quickly noticed a BB gun marketed for girls. A hot-pink little number, it stood out among the bright orange and camo-colored hunting gear. Why not get one for my niece as well? I'm all about equality, right? And irony. I still have to chuckle at the thought.

Not so fast there, partner.

"You'll need a license for that," the clerk informed me when I asked to see a modestly-priced BB gun. Surprised but undaunted, I whipped out my drivers license and slid it across the counter. At which point it was obvious to me that it was obvious to him I'm not a gun person.

"To buy a gun in New Jersey you need a Firearm Purchaser ID Card from your Township's police chief. Even a BB gun. Can't even take one down to show you without it."

That is all.

Last edited:

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's messed up...I've never had much love for that area of this country so now I know to avoid Jersey and New York. A note from the police chief to buy a BB gun??? That's just insane..

They're gonna feel real silly when they are invaded by Lichtenstein and don't even have BB guns to defend themselves....no big loss though when you think about it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have seen any of the promos for 'Jersey Shores' (surely, you haven't tried to watch that crap) having the Chief's approval for handling any type of arm makes sense in the State of Idiots. At least they have Chris Christie to watch out for them.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DAQ .458 Outlaw .. enough knockdown to take a full size buffalo but yet not legal for deer in Okla.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00460.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v186_o0pss_DSC00466.jpg

GForce89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Gamo Bone Collector and Whisper Fusion are the 2 I have it narrowed down to. I have lots of critters around my house in town that will make good stew meat come fall.

lone wolf

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im try to track down when rws dn match grade pellets in a 5 gr was last produced i can find 7 gr but not 5gr. Im confident these would have bern for air pistol competition. One hundred per sealed box . Thanks for any feed back you may have on them. LW

Latest posts

Top Bottom