Persimmons are falling!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the persimmon trees are dropping their fruit in our yard like crazy. The deer are all over them, as well as coons, and our dogs.
Our apple trees are just about ready to drop their fruit, so if you guys have any persimmon trees on your bow hunting areas, I'd sure find a place to set up near-by.
I'll be taking a bushel or so of apples to my spot sunday evening when I get off of work.:D

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, maybe you need to trade her in for 30 yr old that makes jelly.:woohoo1: You know your in the snapdragon period of your life. Yeah, parts of you have snapped and the rest are draggin..........:P hey thats the best I can do on a moments notice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, maybe you need to trade her in for 30 yr old that makes jelly.:woohoo1: You know your in the snapdragon period of your life. Yeah, parts of you have snapped and the rest are draggin..........:P hey thats the best I can do on a moments notice.

HAHA! thats a good one:D
Don't think I could handle a 30 yr old....they have too many "issues":anyone::D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bag worms are all over my persimmons

I started getting them, but hit the bags with some sevin spray early on, and it seemed to slow them down.
My wife called me on my way to work this morning, and said at grey light, she was going to let the dogs out, and always sweeps the yard with her 2 million candle power light to check for critters that need to be ran off.
Said there was a dandy 8 point bedded down about 70 yds from the house east of the persimmon patch, and to the west of the yard, several does were bedded down by the apple tree.:D

SIG44

Marksman
Reaction score

Man get yourself some Bayer Advanced Larvae Killer from Lowes. It tears the bag/webworms up. I saved my whole grove this summer with the stuff. Its in a blue bottle and it attaches to the end of your hose. I think it's made by the aspirin company, but it sure does work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom