Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks that maybe the intent of this thread kinda went the other way? Although very informing, I was kinda hoping to just see the names of some businesses that post.

Christopher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned something about a business at Utica Square with a "no gun" sign. I work at a restaurant (gun friendly afaik) in Utica Square and from what I heard, the entire Square is off limits to CCW holders. One security guard even told me I wasn't allowed to park on the property with firearms OR ammo in my trunk. None of that prevents me from conceal carrying at work though, I don't trust those cranky security guards to come save my a$$ when it hits the fan.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Add to the list....

Golden Pawn II on 13th and Peoria
(although the former owners never had a problem with me carrying)

Golden Pawn III
129th E Ave and Admiral.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned something about a business at Utica Square with a "no gun" sign. I work at a restaurant (gun friendly afaik) in Utica Square and from what I heard, the entire Square is off limits to CCW holders. One security guard even told me I wasn't allowed to park on the property with firearms OR ammo in my trunk. None of that prevents me from conceal carrying at work though, I don't trust those cranky security guards to come save my a$$ when it hits the fan.

:laugh6:
That's a riot!

The F&M bank in Utica Squre is posted too but I guess it doesn't matter because they have a TPD officer on site by the vault.
I gotta say though....While he might be a really nice guy and maybe even a crack-shot, I just didn't get any warm fuzzy feeling about it.
After witnessing the extreme smackdown I've put on many area LEOs on the local competition field, I still trust my abilities sightly more. :D

Exclusions to this need not respond....This means YOU Mike...and YOU Marshall.
;)

Okie Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thats odd. I happen to know one of the guards at Utica Square (only female working there) and her and her husband are both CCW fanatics and CLEET instructors. I can't imagine she would say that unless right afterwards she said "it's BS but my boss made up the policy". Must have been another guard though.

dalepres

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Greetings. This is my first post to OKShooters.com. I really wanted to get my two cent's worth on this topic. I have two points - so it's one cent per point.

1. I think that if you're seen carrying in a posted business, I don't think that you will get asked to leave. I think that the near-minimum-wage "manager" of most retail establishments will follow some corporate instructions to lock themselves in the back and call the police. It is very likely that the first you know that you were seen will be when the police approach... and hopefully the "manager" didn't blow things out of proportion so much that the police show up guns drawn. I think that may be the risk of getting caught carrying in a posted place, not just being asked to leave.

Do any of the LEOs have specific experience in how these calls tend to come in?

And, 2. At least one poster on this thread said they struggled with the parking lot law because they understand the property rights issue involved with telling the property owner they must allow guns in private vehicles.

I agreed with that point too when I first heard of this issue. Then I read somewhere where someone posted another idea on this. We do not let property owners violate other civil rights just because it is on their private property. Businesses cannot discriminate against women, minorities, or even old guys like me. Why then, should they be allowed to violate your second amendment rights? And your fourth amendment rights by searching your private vehicle - especially when that vehicle is publicly accessible as in not gate protected?

I respect private property rights - as long as they don't represent a threat to the well-being or safety of my family or me. Even so, when they allow me to park my vehicle on their lot, everything above my tires is still my private property and as much as they want to have private property rights over their property, they must allow me my private property rights over my vehicle.

Thanks to the admins/owners for a great resource and the opportunity to exercise my first amendment rights on their private property. :)

Dale

dalepres

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I saw a report on the news a couple days ago about new X-ray cameras that will search you instantly and are affordable enough to use in malls, schools, and other public places.

When those cameras go into service, they won't make it known. When you get arrested in the mall, they'll keep it as low profile to protect their profit margins. Most shoppers won't even know the constitution busting cameras exist.

But I also believe they will over react - both the mall rent-a-cops and the sworn LEOs. I don't think it will be an invitation to leave, I think the reaction will include a pair of cuffs and a trip to jail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom