Please OSA, tell me I misunderstood the news! Please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbes often makes reasonable points about unreasonable Republican behavior. Guys, you gotta wonder why Obama got elected twice? All joking aside, it wasn't just Black folks who voted for him. He had a lot of other support, and not just from liberal extremists and entitlement junkies.

The Republican Party became the party of NO. They really turned lots of people off. Why do you think they have lost?

Someone needs to tell the petulant, spoiled children NO. And then stand by that decision.
Isnt it about time we have some leaders who will put their official necks on the line for what is right, instead of just saying "yes we can"?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Granted, you make a valid point. However, i seriously doubt he would raise the same issues with, say, Tip Oneal, or any other liberal politician for that matter.
Tip O'Neill worked with Reagan and never even considered shutting down the government. There has to be a reason that that's the best analogy you can come up with.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tip O'Neill worked with Reagan and never even considered shutting down the government. There has to be a reason that that's the best analogy you can come up with.
That's the old testament.
In the new testament Newt Gingrich shut down the .gov because Clinton made him exit from the rear of air force one instead of the front.
He actually admitted that was the reason.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you feel strongly, but to completely discount the possibility of Republican hypocrisy is certainly not objective. And I am not speaking of the current situation.

Well that context makes me agree with you. I must've missed that.

While the Republicans are certainly capable of shooting themselves in the foot, it doesn't help that the mainstream media is out there always blaming the Republicans. There was a recent story where it was reported that with ABC, CBS, and NBC, they had 21 reports on the shutdown, and every one of those reports placed blame on the Republicans, even though they have been passing bills to try to fund things. However, the Democrats always believe that "compromise" means Republicans buy into the Democrats ideas in their entirety.

I don't ever discount that possibility. Those of us that are conservative fully recognize that some of the Republicans in Congress are basically "democrat-lite." (Note the little "d" instead of "D".) Many of the moderates in the Republican Party are very capable of saying one thing and then doing totally the opposite. Sadly, that even used to include Ron Paul. And, the Republican Party's hypocrisy goes back several, if not many, years. While I've been happy with Senator Coburn's actions at bringing attention to wasteful government spending, he still manages to confuse me with some of his votes.

Earlier, you had lamented that we have folks in office that lack the morals to do their jobs right, and I fully agree with that as well. I wonder which political party really is the worst with respect to hypocrisy, dishonesty, and outright lying to the American people?

I submit the belief that the Democratic Party leadership and elected officials are. I certainly can't say all Democrats because I know way too many conservative Democrats.

This is a good post right here. I've said for some time now that if I were a democrat that I'd be pissed. The democrats in charge aren't democrats, they're communist dictator wannabes. Yes, if I were a democrat I'd do exactly what JB has done, fly the finger at them and jump ship. For the bolded part I'd like to hear why they always vote the party line. Until this budget battle they pretty much have, at least the vast majority has. For those that broke ranks on this deal I say, IT'S ABOUT FREAKIN TIME! :D

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's not true at all. The government did shutdown under Reagan and O'Neil's leadership as a direct result of them trying to hammer it out. This idea of them swapping spit in the shower is a libtard fallacy manifesting into a wet dream. You sir, are full of fail.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O'Neill and Reagan are dead. Neither Bush is President now. Someone has to do somethin'. You should give the republicans a pat on the back for at least tryin' to do somethin'. Cause the somethin' that's been gonin' on is about to turn us into nothin'.........

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Tip worked with Reagan. That is rich.

You may attribute my lazy analogy to my being fed up and not really giving a s#*t about the whole matter at this point.
Or, perhaps my point was that our buddy Hobbes is just as hypocritical as those he castigates. Not saying being a hypocrite makes him wrong, mind you. I would discourage my kids from using tobacco, but would do it myself. Makes me a hypocrite, doesnt make the advice wrong.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tip worked with Reagan. That is rich.

You may attribute my lazy analogy to my being fed up and not really giving a s#*t about the whole matter at this point.
Or, perhaps my point was that our buddy Hobbes is just as hypocritical as those he castigates. Not saying being a hypocrite makes him wrong, mind you. I would discourage my kids from using tobacco, but would do it myself. Makes me a hypocrite, doesnt make the advice wrong.

In this particular case, and this case only, Hobbes is not as big a hypocrit "as those he castigates." Give him time. He'll catch up with you guys sooner or later, but not today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom