Poll about allowing suppressors for hunting purposes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allow suppressors in Oklahoma for hunting purposes

• Yes allow suppressors for hunting purposes

Votes: 254 84.1%
  • No don't allow suppressors for hunting purposes

Votes: 48 15.9%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The report is next to nothing has no quantity, it is subjective. It doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm not saying anything about a range, you are..... The range is the only place you can really hear what a bullet sounds like. It sounds like a 150dB crack at the range. That means it probably sound like a 150dB crack in the woods too. I fail to see what the confusion is here.

You can hear the crack in a foxhole too...Lots of them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After getting out of active duty, I joined the Army reserves, and I volunteered to go to Camp Perry Ohio for the national matches, which satisfied my summer camp requirments.
I worked the pits there too. I was totally blown away by the 1000yd iron sight shooters. Its shooting science at its finest.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No joke. At 600 yards they were knocking the X out like it was not chore. I got back to the line and started chatting up some of the shooters and realize they're using OPEN SIGHTS?!?!?! I asked one guy what the target looked like and he said it was like a thumbtack at 18 yards or something. Holy cow!!

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i say yes as well. i mean poachers wont go thru the red tape, thats why they poach.i say it keeps the game calmer thru the season and gives a better chance at return to the same spot,let alone preserving the hearing of us all, and not being an annoyance to non hunters, cause from my stand i heard more than 100 shots this season that wasnt even on our lease

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a little late to this, but I don't see a reason to allow it for deer. From what I understand they are only useful with subsonic ammo and if you've ever been shot at you know you hear the bullet buzz before you even hear the shot. Plus, you're only targeting a single animal, so what's the benefit of the quiet? Sure they can make a great muzzle break, but why not just buy a muzzle break?
Coyotes, sure. Hogs, sure (already legal). Deer, no way.

badaugherty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I've watched deer feed while there are shots being fired all around and they barely bother to look up.

And then there's this
"You have cases where people have owned land for generations and now there are populated areas springing up around them and they’re afraid to use their rifle because the county sheriff will be called on them,” he said.
Seriously? Is that the best you got?

taken from
http://www.newsok.com/bill-would-let-oklahoma-hunters-use-silencers/article/3430987

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure being a bird hunter. I'm sure some idiots would be poaching out of deer season and I'm a bird hunter. I try and stay away from hunting when the season coexist for safety purposes and I like to hear a report in the field so I know to circle around other people. Too many crazy people hunting on public land these days. It'd be cool but abused and no more shots than you'll get at a deer what would the purpose be other than you don't hear a shot or you won't scare your target away if missed. I'm really on the fench with this one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom