Poll- How do you feel about sending the military to the southern borders?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we use active military to secure the borders?

• You betcha!

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • Oh hell no!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Beef up existing border patrol

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • What's a border?

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not sure how I feel about sending the national guard or Army to secure the border. Secure it, absolutely, but I think having the army there could go real bad, real quick. Your thoughts?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont think its the Militarys job. The military is a war force, not a police force.

I think each border state should secure their own border and the Feds should fund it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The military's primary function is national security. Defending and securing our border is a matter of national security.

That being said, if we send them to the southern border we must be prepared to send them to the northern border as well. As with any effort, our "enemy" will adapt and shift...

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is my problem, that this could end up as military policing our citizens, and that is a big deal. However, it falls inside the military mandate at the same time. Just feels like a slippery slope.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friggin' liberal cry babies can't see how the influx of illegal aliens is destroying our country's economy. Send the army, let the coast guard patrol the rio grande, give them real bullets. Some people care more about cheap beer and tacos then anything else.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sending the NG to the border would accomplish nothing. Your president's administration has introduced new "rules of engagement".

http://www.onenewsnow.com/national-...rous-new-must-retreat-rules-for-border-patrol

A border enforcement advocate calls it insulting that the Department of Homeland Security has told Border Patrol agents to avoid lethal contact with illegal immigrants.

Michael Fisher, chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, issued a directive on March 7 that instructs border agents to retreat when illegals throw rocks or other objects at them, and to avoid blocking drug smugglers' vehicles by stepping away from them.

Brian TerryThe new rules affect approximately 21,000 federal agents.

"It is insulting and it is degrading and it is ludicrous," William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, says of the new rules.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection rejected placing stricter limits on agents after a group of law enforcement officials reviewed 67 shooting incidents and suggested the new rules, The Los Angeles Times reported.

The new secretary of Homeland Security then ordered the Border Patrol to "reconsider" its policy, which created the must-retreat directive aimed at agents, the Times stated.

According to Gheen, he predicts these types of "affronts" will continue by those who support the "invasion, takeover and transformation" of the United States.

A shootout in Arizona occurred between agents and drug smugglers in 2010. The gun battle took the life of agent Brian Terry and also revealed that two members of the four-man team had non-lethal bean bags in their shotguns, even though they were expecting to ambush drug cartel members.

The drug smugglers were armed with AK-47s, one of which was traced to the "Fast and Furious" gun-running scandal operated by the ATF. Terry died at the scene of the shootout.

Gheen, William (ALIPAC)Border Patrol agents told Fox News the rules of engagement required them to use the non-lethal shoot bean bags first.

Gheen alleges the Obama administration wants the engagement rules relaxed because Democrats want to turn illegal immigration into "straight Democratic ticket voters."

He adds these new restrictions will make it impossible to retain good border patrol agents

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is my problem, that this could end up as military policing our citizens, and that is a big deal. However, it falls inside the military mandate at the same time. Just feels like a slippery slope.

Keep lettin' them slide right over the border unchecked and you won't have to worry about the slippery slope. It's crazy to drive through the northwestern part of the United States and even Canada and you don't see all the illegal aliens doing the construction and labor jobs. Even white people on lawn mowing crews. Here, you've let them just take over....

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont really see it much different than the Irish, Italian, German migrations.

We aint at War with illegal immigrants. Mostly its just political rhetoric. I am not saying that illegal immigration isnt a problem....but its far from an act of war.

Latest posts

Top Bottom