Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas has its own power grid and sea ports. Oklahoma has none of that.

Let's do it!

:popcorn:

True but if Oklahoma or Texas did it the other would probably do it too, then form a country with any other adjoining states that wanted to. While I really never expect to see it, if something bad enough to cause one state to leave were to happen, would also cause others to leave. They would band together for protection. Also if the US lost most of it's oil, gas, and food producing states it would be in a world of hurt.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stay if it implied I was truly free, free to do what I want on my land, meaning produce a plant considered illegal by federal standards, That I have invested alot of money and effort into in Colorado. Also zero property taxes paid to the state, as Seceding implies the whole tax in and of itself was unlawful. Again my propertry is bought and paid for, why should I have to pay rent to the powers that be?

I dont want the water or power connections supposedly coming in, I want the WATER RIGHTS to the rainfall that occurs on my land, and to catch and filter it, but that requires permits and special zoning regulations blah blah blah now, sick to think you dont own the water that falls on your property as it stands now, and you just rent it from the state and .GOV.

I also dont want to have to pay to build structures I plan to build on property I own, I am planning eathships and cargo container structures on the order of 10x stronger than any matchstick box wrapped in plastic and called a house or building, yet any municipality I speak to has NO CLUE what these things are, and want me to pay for *drumroll* special zoning variances and permits, why should I pay more, when I am building better structures, from materials that are otherwise trash?

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll just repeat what everyone else has said already. There is absolutely no way that would ever happen but for kicks, if by some literal miracle it did happen, it would cripple the rest of the US and would end up causing more harm than good as we would become weak and a global target. There is this problem where everyone thinks the US is the entire world and what happens here is more important than what is going on elsewhere. However that is not the case, we would simply be inviting America's enemies to come take us over while saying look, we can't figure our own sheyot out.. how do you think we can protect against you??

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't know. Didn't Key West try that back in the 70's? They tried to form the Conch Republic or something to that effect?
Naw that was basically a publicity stunt. The DEA had released a report about how tons of drugs were entering the States by way of the Keys, so they put a border checkpoint between the Keys and the rest of the Union. Since they could argue that the U.S. was saying you were not in the U.S. if you were south of Florida City, they decided to roll with it.
http://www.conchrepublic.com/history.htm
is a good introduction. Just another historical account to weird to be made up.=)

DrivesGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would stay if Oklahoma left the Union. Being from Texas, that should say a lot.:laugh6:

I really do not think that there is enough support for such an action. The only thing that might actually trigger secession would be Obozo's move to disarm the citizenry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom