Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your poll leaves out the option for leaving for somewhere else entirely. I don't like the current state of the U.S., but I don't think I would like how an independent Oklahoma would operate, either. Something tells me that being stuck with the Supreme Court's current interpretation of things like the 1st Amendment is all that keeps all the thumpers in the legislature from passing some really crazy ****. If it came to the point of Oklahoma seceding, I would imagine other states would leave as well. I would probably head for one of them -- whichever one I think I have the best chance of being left alone as much as possible to do whatever the hell I want.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poll is meaningless without a third option for loyal Americans staying in Oklahoma. The poll is meaningless and worse than meaningless.
It doesn't reflect anything but noise and nonsense.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd stay as long as the laws here didn't get insane. I'm an Okie first, and would be very sad if I had to leave. Both sides of my family survived the depression here, and at least one fought the Yankees here. One came to Oklahoma on the Trail of Tears. It'd be hard for me to write it off and leave....

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poll is meaningless without a third option for loyal Americans staying in Oklahoma. The poll is meaningless and worse than meaningless.
It doesn't reflect anything but noise and nonsense.
Lol, so go start a better one! Seriously, is there a way to add more options after it's already started?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok, serious question. If a state can secede from the union, can a county cede from a state?

Or a city cede from a county?

Or a neighborhood cede from a city?

Or a block cede from a neighborhood?

Or a house cede from block?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But what about NAFTA? Would that not apply to trade here too or would OK be treated like Cuba?

NAFTA is between the USA, Canada, and Mexico....by seceding from the USA we would no longer be apart of the treaty. It's anyone's guess as to whether these countries would let us sign/join, but its plausible. Although I think the feds would be against letting a state that has seceded grow its economy. One successful secession could lead to many more, making the USA weaker. There's really no limits to how it could potentially play out, but it's interesting to speculate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom