Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be good to go back to Jefferson's agrarian democracy. There wouldn't be multinational corporations. You'd know the farmer, the blacksmith, the carpenter. Small uncomplicated communities. That was Jefferson's dream.
But it was never the sort of magic unicorn fairy land that people imagine it to have been. People were just muddling through, as always.

Sure they were, but they were muddling through with ALL of their income, ALL of their weapons to defend themselves, they weren't shackled by outrageous spending then placing that burden on the taxpayer, (except that whole whiskey rebellion thing), laws that are supposed to make everything "fair" by taking from one and giving it to another..... (with a small fee to go to the bureaucrat, of course), wars to make us "safe", new laws to make us "safe", inflation, de-valuing the dollar that I earn and THEY take, only to go bankrupt so they want to take MORE..... This whole idea that I should be GRATEFUL to a "benefactor" gov't that keeps taking my money and liberties to make things fair or safe is insane! It's a WORSHIP mentality that's extremely dangerous to the ideals of personal liberty.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma relies heavily on trade. Depending on how America(the fed) reacts, we could get hit pretty hard economically. No more federal aid, no more interstate travel or commerce, Import/Export taxes would be raised or blocked. Basically we could be left to our own devices and "starved out," forcing us to come crawling back to the union. I'm sure our surrounding neighbors would love having border patrol stations placed in their states to safeguard them from a "foreign, sovereign nation."

But what about NAFTA? Would that not apply to trade here too or would OK be treated like Cuba?

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I would stay. I'm loyal to the ideals the U.S.A. was founded on and I believe we're getting further away from those ideals. I think the .gov spending money like a drunken sailor and putting the debt on it's citizens is despotism and there's no signs that say that behavior will stop anytime soon. I also think that we've become so deeply divided as a nation, we're at the point where no one wants to listen to the other, and whichever side is in power uses that power to spite the other side. Right now we're hurling insults and it's only getting worse. How long before people start hurling bullets? Bleeding Kansas went on for 10 years before the Civil War even started. Maybe separation would be a solution to let the animosity die down and avoid bloodshed before it even begins. JMO.

We have even more recent examples such as the Balkan Wars, Egypt, Palestine, and the former Soviet republics leaving Russia.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. The way things are, I'll have to be buried in a hole. In "free" Oklahoma , the coyotes could spread my remains in their ****. Suits me.

Waco? Free cremation thanks to the government...................kinda like all the Polish and Soviet officers that found a home in the forests before WW II.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about if Oklahoma was content to leave gun owners alone, but the Obamanation had UN blue hats going around forcibly collecting firearms?

How many of you Obamaites would stay loyal to the union then and trot out of state to turn your firearms in?

Blue helmets and armbands make great aiming points.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you would resort to violence instead of letting people just go their own way when they disagree?
Did you get that out of the "Fidel Castro Handbook of Diplomacy" or come up with that novel idea all on your own?

That is the Handbook for Mass Extermination written by Adolf Hitler, edited by Joseph Stalin and Printed by Pol Pot Industries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom