Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
46 years ago I swore an oath to "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic." I am old and fat but I have never renounced that oath and NEVER will. I have lived all over this world and while things are not rosy here, It is still my choice. I have to stay with my country and try to make change. Citizenship is not easy, nor was it meant to be!

Is it really the same Country it was 30 years ago? I agree to a point but things need to change and quick. We cannot continue on the path we are on. I LOVE my County and I LOVE my way of life and NO ONE is going to take that away from me... Too many good people gave there life for me to have that right and we owe it to them to protect it! We need to just get back to common since principles in this County. Just me two cents.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
46 years ago I swore an oath to "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic." I am old and fat but I have never renounced that oath and NEVER will. I have lived all over this world and while things are not rosy here, It is still my choice. I have to stay with my country and try to make change. Citizenship is not easy, nor was it meant to be!

I've read in other threads people who cited the oath as the reason to rebel. Do you swear that allegiance to the ideals the nation is founded on? To what the country has become (or what the government has become)? Why do you have one point of view on your oath and others have a different view? Do you think they are violating that oath by choosing to separate?

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read in other threads people who cited the oath as the reason to rebel. Do you swear that allegiance to the ideals the nation is founded on? To what the country has become (or what the government has become)? Why do you have one point of view on your oath and others have a different view? Do you think they are violating that oath by choosing to separate?
We're not measuring up to the ideals America was founded on? When did we? What period in American history would you like to go back to?

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're not measuring up to the ideals America was founded on? When did we? What period in American history would you like to go back to?

Hell, probably not ever. I don't want to "go back" to a period in American History, I want to go back to a MENTALITY that most of the people of this nation and it's gov't had. That is the gov't and the will of the people are ALWAYS counter to one another, even when it seems to have identical goals. And the gov't should ALWAYS be restrained by the Constitution. It's there as a buffer between gov't and the people.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, probably not ever. I don't want to "go back" to a period in American History, I want to go back to a MENTALITY that most of the people of this nation and it's gov't had. That is the gov't and the will of the people are ALWAYS counter to one another, even when it seems to have identical goals. And the gov't should ALWAYS be restrained by the Constitution. It's there as a buffer between gov't and the people.

Well then, when did that MENTALITY exist?

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well then, when did that MENTALITY exist?

That's the thing, I know it was there during Jefferson...... Buchanan..... Eisenhower..... I just can't pinpoint when the mentality switched COMPLETELY to ".gov should be immense and powerful to make your lives a. more convenient or b. more moral"

edit: If either side called for any RESTRAINT of the .gov, we would just be waiting for the pendulum to swing to the other side, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some thoughts on supporting succession.
How politically active are you? Are you in touch with other party members at the city, county, state, federal level? Do you spend time on a regular basis planning and coordinating political action with your fellow party members? If you are upset with the political landscape, and yet cannot answer these questions affirmatively, why do you think your new government will be different from the current government.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be good to go back to Jefferson's agrarian democracy. There wouldn't be multinational corporations. You'd know the farmer, the blacksmith, the carpenter. Small uncomplicated communities. That was Jefferson's dream.
But it was never the sort of magic unicorn fairy land that people imagine it to have been. People were just muddling through, as always.

Latest posts

Top Bottom