Poll: Would you stay or leave Oklahoma if it left the Union?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you stay or leave if Oklahoma left the Union?

• I would stay in Oklahoma or the new nation it joined..

Votes: 92 82.1%
  • I would leave to live in the U.S.A.

Votes: 20 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To those of you who say this is just people upset with the election, I say this is about being upset with the current situation we're in with the loss of liberties, intrusion of gov't., and fiscal irresponsibility then putting the burden of that on the people to pay and nothing changes. They just continue pushing the envelope a little more and a little more. Something on Capitol Hill needs to CHANGE! The gov't which governs best governs least.

I agree, this point is what needs to be heard all over the country. Unfortunately, those who this apply to won't or don't care to listen and do something about it.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK is a follower not a leader. We will let someone else do the heavy lifting, then jump on board like we were there the whole time. I mean what do you expect from a state full of bandwagon fans of a school that has a wagon for a mascot?
Or a school that has a mascot that was one of the rowdiest and meanest men in Stillwater?

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
46 years ago I swore an oath to "Support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic." I am old and fat but I have never renounced that oath and NEVER will. I have lived all over this world and while things are not rosy here, It is still my choice. I have to stay with my country and try to make change. Citizenship is not easy, nor was it meant to be!
Even if the Constitution no longer exists due to Washington's bs and a President that acts like a dictator?

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the thing, I know it was there during Jefferson...... Buchanan..... Eisenhower..... I just can't pinpoint when the mentality switched COMPLETELY to ".gov should be immense and powerful to make your lives a. more convenient or b. more moral"

edit: If either side called for any RESTRAINT of the .gov, we would just be waiting for the pendulum to swing to the other side, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

Change started with Kennedy and was followed by Johnston. Everyone since has not repayed the SSI fund that was borrowed against to fund the Viet Nam War.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some thoughts on supporting succession.
How politically active are you? Are you in touch with other party members at the city, county, state, federal level? Do you spend time on a regular basis planning and coordinating political action with your fellow party members? If you are upset with the political landscape, and yet cannot answer these questions affirmatively, why do you think your new government will be different from the current government.

Why replace one repressive government with another repressive government? Many would like to think that if the American Civil War had turned out differently then the Southern states would have been better off.....we know that this would have led to a weaker nation but a more favorable situation with trading with other countries----does that mean that England, Spain, France, or Belgium would not have made the Southern states puppets? There would have to be a trial and error period like the Articles of Confederation, Bill of Rights, etc. take course but at least there would be an advantage that Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and other forefathers did not have; 200 years of mistakes to learn from.

And to the Tories/Loyalist minded remember what happened to them after the American Revolution and the Indian Nations that fought for the Union during the Civil War---they lost pretty much everything.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be good to go back to Jefferson's agrarian democracy. There wouldn't be multinational corporations. You'd know the farmer, the blacksmith, the carpenter. Small uncomplicated communities. That was Jefferson's dream.
But it was never the sort of magic unicorn fairy land that people imagine it to have been. People were just muddling through, as always.
Because of Adams, Hamilton, and a big National Bank.

Boomerdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made two major decisions in my early forties that I am extremely proud of. I married a wonderful Okie woman and I move here for a better way of life. I spent over forty years living in that liberal cesspool called Massachusetts and I have no desire to leave my adopted home. If the left and east coasts of this country broke off and washed away to sea, I'm convinced that our way life would be better off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom