polymer AR Lowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like mostly not, guess they don't use the same stuff (and glocks don't get hammered on the ground probably) as a glock polymer.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like mostly not, guess they don't use the same stuff (and glocks don't get hammered on the ground probably) as a glock polymer.

Good thing Fat Boy Tactical has sales!

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of 80% poly lowers floating around here that I have not gotten around to finishing since Fat Boys keeps having those blem sales. Kinda hard to turn down a $40 lower! but when and if I do ever finish them they will be used as .22 AR's.

DasSieben

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first ar build was new frontier armory complete lower for a 7.62x39. There is considerable more play in the mag well and compounded a feeding issue. The polymer hammer would not set off hard primers. Ive basically re placed the polymer LPK with DPMS parts. I put a couple hundred rounds through it before upgrading the lower. Its just sitting there and i hate for it to go to waste so i think ill look into putting it on a dedicated .22.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I would buy one of those andersons from FBT, myself and keep,right on trucking. I think a polymer lower might be ok, but their is a reason why most are aluminum.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you send it to Plum Crazy, when they were in business befor Frontier stole their dies, they warranted all their lowers.

I'm pretty sure that this comment is inaccurate. NFA didn't steal the dies or have exclusive rights to the design. The manufacturer of the lowers owns the dies and the rights to the lower. When the owner of the design realized that they were shipping more PlumCrazy lowers to NFA than PlumCrazy and that PlumCrazy wasn't paying their bills, they approached NFA with a proposal to manufacture a variance for NFA. There is also the issue of PlumCrazy making off with a substantial sum of investor money.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't make of with any of my money, I bought an Anderson....... And got a good deal on it. Although the salesman had kind of an attitude problem, but I think that was just who he is :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom