Post-apocalypse pet plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... you know, that thought has crossed my mind also ... Our neighbors' dogs bark 24/7/365 ... And they all have the nerve to complain about the other neighbors' dogs who also bark 24/7/365 ... Who also complain about other neighbors' dogs barking ... WTF is wrong with people?!?!!?!? :scratch:
:

Are you sure you don't live close to me? I have a neighbor that takes in every stray that comes along. She has 2 blood hounds that will raise the roof at all hours of the day or night. Makes me wonder how long they will last if the SHTF.:spaghetti:

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my dog for the purpose of bringing me birds I would otherwise lose. He earns his keep. The cat....I'll eat and make a hat out of the hide.

Last edited:

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
interesting thing about animal meds... you can walk into atwoods or the like and buy meds for cattle. i have a few cowboy friends that swear by certain cattle antibiotics. They always tell me to squirt it in your coffee and you can taste it.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
reddog's cat post made me laff.

Does anyone have any cat loaf recipes they'd like to share?

I grew up on a ranch. Cats and dogs were around all the time but they would come and go, for the most part, except for the working dogs. The barn was full of wild cats who generally wouldn't let themselves be seen until it was milking time; then there was an entire cat chorus meowing for milk.

While I can agree with the usefulness of a dog for watch security around the place, I wouldn't hesitate to put down any critter which had gotten sickly or turned on someone. My kids, being raised in town, think that furry things all need to be named, but imho, food doesn't need a name, and having a name won't save it if it's time for it to go for whatever reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom