Post your Pooch !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
watch duty on his first camping trip. he's 7mths now and he's been a joy to own. we're lifers for this breed now.

i-Gj6dJGN-L.jpg

We are interested in the breed too! We want a girlfriend for our GSD. Where did you get yours?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought ear cropping and tail cropping were taboo now?

More so than ever probably. Thanks to a combination of public ignorance and croppers/owners that have absolutely no idea what they're doing and end up with horror stories. Done properly at the right age with proper aftercare it is no big deal at all. Neutering/spaying is harder on a pup (especially spaying) than a proper crop procedure.

Most people have just been curios about his ears being posted (we're still posting...will be for a while yet as he has a long show crop) because you don't see it that often anymore. Haven't been dressed down in public for it yet, though I know owners who have. I was very ignorant about cropping before I was around cropped puppies myself so if anyone is reasonable to me I'll gladly try to tell them some facts vs their perception. I originally wanted natural ears as I was slightly opposed to cropping, but AKC standard is still cropped & docked so many U.S. show breeders won't consider selling a natural eared puppy. I changed my mind after being around cropped puppies and learning to post ears and realizing I knew nothing about it.

We are interested in the breed too! We want a girlfriend for our GSD. Where did you get yours?

I'll shoot you a PM!

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More so than ever probably. Thanks to a combination of public ignorance and croppers/owners that have absolutely no idea what they're doing and end up with horror stories. Done properly at the right age with proper aftercare it is no big deal at all. Neutering/spaying is harder on a pup (especially spaying) than a proper crop procedure.

Most people have just been curios about his ears being posted (we're still posting...will be for a while yet as he has a long show crop) because you don't see it that often anymore. Haven't been dressed down in public for it yet, though I know owners who have. I was very ignorant about cropping before I was around cropped puppies myself so if anyone is reasonable to me I'll gladly try to tell them some facts vs their perception. I originally wanted natural ears as I was slightly opposed to cropping, but AKC standard is still cropped & docked so many U.S. show breeders won't consider selling a natural eared puppy. I changed my mind after being around cropped puppies and learning to post ears and realizing I knew nothing about it.

I'll shoot you a PM!
I was just wondering. We had a Doberman years ago with cropped ears, papered, and trained. Baron von something, just Baron to us. No peta nutjob here. Used to raise and fight game roosters. McDonald's and Tyson kill millions of chickens a year and no one bats an eye, but a guy who raises and trains his rooster with tender loving care is a monster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom