Pot Smoker Beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Americans love to boast of their freedom while tripping over their chains.

If ye love sobriety greater than liberty, the tranquility of teetotalism greater than the cottonmouth contest for freedom, go home from us without the munchies. We seek not your counsel, nor your Cheetos. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

Johnny Lawrence

Marksman
Reaction score
So say MyState makes it legal to make/grow/own/use/purchase substance X even though federal law says it's a no-no. When federal agency XYZ shows up at my house, why can't I just call up local law enforcement to stop them? I make the call and say, "I'm doing nothing unlawful in the state of MyState but these outsiders are here harassing me. Please come to serve and protect me." Do I spark a local cops vs. feds standoff, or is it like on TV where the feds show up and the locals start fetching coffee?

After I do end up getting screwed, can't I at least get a "sorry we set you up for failure" write-off on my MyState taxes this year? You know, to help cover the fines I had to pay and all?

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So say MyState makes it legal to make/grow/own/use/purchase substance X even though federal law says it's a no-no. When federal agency XYZ shows up at my house, why can't I just call up local law enforcement to stop them? I make the call and say, "I'm doing nothing unlawful in the state of MyState but these outsiders are here harassing me. Please come to serve and protect me." Do I spark a local cops vs. feds standoff, or is it like on TV where the feds show up and the locals start fetching coffee?

After I do end up getting screwed, can't I at least get a "sorry we set you up for failure" write-off on my MyState taxes this year? You know, to help cover the fines I had to pay and all?

Federal Law supercedes State law !

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Federal Law supercedes State law !

For better or worse, depending on the circumstance, this is correct at the current time.

Of course, the other aspect to the debate is what if state law mirrors or otherwise enforces federal law, i.e. the AZ immigration law? Apparently AZ cannot enforce the federal law in that instance, but do you see the DEA getting up in arms when OBNDD and municipalities enforce state drug laws?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pondering this thread, I can't help but wonder if ZombieHunter rolled a spliff with the constitution, would DutchWrangler smoketh it?

Also, bated breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom