Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only precious metals I care to own are brass, copper, and lead. If everything goes to hell and a hand basket, most are not going to care about trading for gold and silver.
When I lived in Oregon I had a neighbor that had a garage wall of prep food and a big gun safe full of guns and ammo. It was there for ALL to see every time he opened his garage doors. He thought he was the most prepared guy around.
I’ve got a buddy that likes to brag about and show off his preps, and I’ve told him for years that he’s just putting a bullseye on his back if the SHTF ever does happen.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
How I see it, perhaps china invaded tomorrow and wages a scorched earth campaign, or maybe hamas decided to activated 10000 sleeper cells and wage war on every city and town in the US, or perhaps the US government suddenly turns the US into a dystopian nightmare and started using the military/law enforcement to round up and kill anyone who isn't a millionaire willing to give up their fortune to the national debt. If any of these real bad situations happened, I honestly wouldnt give a crap about gold or silver or whatever. I doubt the grocery store down the street will either. Most people wont live long enough to shoot more than a few hundred rounds, so unless its for bartering, having 10,000 rounds per caliber for the end of the world isnt gonna do yo umuch good.

However, having a bunch of ammo stashed away is a good hedge for inflation.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
China doesn't have the logistic capability to invade us...much less go scorched earth. No one does. Terrorist or saboteurs already in place is a different story. The thing is, they don't have to launch attacks on every major city or town. Just a few in some towns would be sufficient to bring out economy to it's knees.

If it were me I'd launch those attacks in smaller, quieter, "home town America" type places. I think when they shoot up a church or school or mall in Grand Island, NE, or Eau Claire, WI, or Huntsville, AL no one, anywhere, would feel safe.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How I see it, perhaps china invaded tomorrow and wages a scorched earth campaign, or maybe hamas decided to activated 10000 sleeper cells and wage war on every city and town in the US, or perhaps the US government suddenly turns the US into a dystopian nightmare and started using the military/law enforcement to round up and kill anyone who isn't a millionaire willing to give up their fortune to the national debt. If any of these real bad situations happened, I honestly wouldnt give a crap about gold or silver or whatever. I doubt the grocery store down the street will either. Most people wont live long enough to shoot more than a few hundred rounds, so unless its for bartering, having 10,000 rounds per caliber for the end of the world isnt gonna do yo umuch good.

However, having a bunch of ammo stashed away is a good hedge for inflation.
I agree with your premise, but I’d rather have 10,000 round per caliber and not need it than to need ammo and not have it.

In the last few years, my ammo has increased in value a heck of a lot more than my gold and silver.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with your premise, but I’d rather have 10,000 round per caliber and not need it than to need ammo and not have it.

In the last few years, my ammo has increased in value a heck of a lot more than my gold and silver.
Agreed. I typically view ammo hoarding as an exercise in futility if you’re hoarding for TEOTWAKI or whatever, but it’s a good practice if you wanna save money and still shoot later on if things continue on their present course of being normal and getting more expensive.
US cash, liquor and Spam are more marketable than ounces of gold or silver.

I hope things don't get bad enough to have to eat spam.
God I love spam. I actually keep a minimum of 12-18 cans on hand at all times. Eat it all the time. I keep a few cases of my other favorite canned meat on hand too, kippers. If the world comes to an end though, I’ll be on the hunt for cheez wiz and ritz.

Latest posts

Top Bottom