Quality vs. Quantity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quality or Quantity

• Quality

Votes: 80 40.6%
  • Quantity

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Little bit of both

Votes: 110 55.8%

• Total voters

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted Quality.

I have seen more than one guy with a cheaper model of pistol or rifle be frustrated when it under performs. Same can be said for gear. Yes an Aimpoint or Eotech is expensive, but they work. Buy once and cry once!

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were doing great until you slammed Hi Point Firearms Company. They are proudly manufactured in Ohio. Not many companies offer a lifetime warranty on their products. I own the Hi Point 45 carbine and pistol and have no complaints... they both serve their intended purpose. They both go bang and put big holes where I point them. After several hundred rounds, no FTE or FTF.

By the way I also own Smith & Wesson, Charter Arms and Ruger firearms. Voted a little of both... :patriot:
Just sayin'

LL

I've heard most people have to use that lifetime warranty on their hipoints. I currently have a SW pistol on its way back for warranty repair. All mfg's have defects and QC can't catch em all.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little of both for me. I have a few nice quality guns but also some other less expensive guns to shoot and use.

This is the mentality I don't understand. I don't own junk. I won't own junk. But, I won't own any gun that I'd be afraid to actually shoot and use. I won a Browning Gold Hunter shotgun at a NWTF dinner one year. I received it and promptly traded it in on something I'll use. Anything taking up space in a safe better be able to be used, they aren't there for show.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to say that I am kind of in between. I have a some nice stuff that I paid a high price for and then I also have some stuff that I didn't pay much for. It depends on what I am going to use it for. For personal protection i don't slouch when it comes to quality. But if its something that I want to have fun with I don't mind something cheap. Same goes for ammo. I carry expensive stuff for personal protection. But I also have some cheap stuff for range time. But if the time comes and we have to defend this country from the gun grabbers then I will take whatever I can get to protect our rights. But I don't feel there is anything wrong with owning some inexpensive items. Some people swear that less expensive items aren't nearly as good as higher priced ones. I have learned that this isn't always the truth.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much look for "value". If I can buy a $400 gun and have it shoot indiscernibly worse than a $1200 gun I am spending $400 every day of the week. Every time I have bought something "cheap" I have regretted it. I also think there are areas one can skimp and then there are areas you need to pony up. Buffer tube, unless you plan to use your stock as a battering ram then the 6061 material is fine. If you want to be able to knock in a door with it then you better spend the extra money on the 7075.

The cheapest gun I own that I bought is a Mossberg .22 and its been great since day one. Could not justify spending more than double for the 10/22.

Last edited:

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on your budget. I have bought nicer guns in the last several years due to the fact that my kids are grown and have moved out of the house. I do however have a few cheaper guns that are reliable that I plan on keeping. A couple of them were handed down to me from my grandfather that I remember shooting squirrels with 40 years ago when I was a young kid. So both for me.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point in life Quantity. Would rather have 4 glocks than one STI. I am not a great shooter so in the AR department I went with 1 rock river and 1 colt vs a noveske. If some new law comes into effect I plan on changing to quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom