Quality vs. Quantity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quality or Quantity

• Quality

Votes: 80 40.6%
  • Quantity

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Little bit of both

Votes: 110 55.8%

• Total voters

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most people when they start purchasing don't set out to buy a Noveske, Wilson 1911 or a Benelli shotty. They get a Stag, Springfield Armory 1911 and a Beretta shotty like I did. Well then of course one ain't enough and you sure can't afford the "creme de la creme" for the second either. Sooooooooo you end up with two unless you sell the first, save and buy. And who in the heck wants to part with a firearm.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most people when they start purchasing don't set out to buy a Noveske, Wilson 1911 or a Benelli shotty. They get a Stag, Springfield Armory 1911 and a Beretta shotty like I did. Well then of course one ain't enough and you sure can't afford the "creme de la creme" for the second either. Sooooooooo you end up with two unless you sell the first, save and buy. And who in the heck wants to part with a firearm.

I agree...when I started out buying guns (in the 80's) I bought Glocks and 870's and even used old MilSurp for deer hunting...

But, over time I traded up to go more for quality firearms.

I just don't see why someone would want 3 different .45 pistols worth $500 each when they could have the same amount in a nice semi-custom...you only shoot one at a time, might as well have a nice one!

Also, when I mentioned Benelli, I'm not insulting a 590 or 870, but I use shotguns for hunting or skeet, so I'd rather have a SBEII or my Benelli Competition instead of multiple pump guns...but your opinion may be different (which is the question behind this thread)

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer quantity. That is why I dropped $100,000 on a pallet load of Mosin Nagant pistols and rifles. Haters gonna hate, but I have over 1500 gats. Once I get the soldiers, I am takin over this town.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have used a 500 mossberg in afgan and iraq and they work good military would not have them if they were junk or not up too par with the rest

Just for your info, you should really check out the info about the development of the M-16 in the early years of Vietnam.

I can remember having to break down my rifle in the middle of a firefight to clean the BCG and chamber while people were dying around me. I was far from the only one that had that issue, and the manufacturer came out with a new issue rifle that took care of most of those problems. The government buys from the lowest bidder.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I initially voted for quality as I try to get quality in everything I own or use. However, since firearms for me are a self defense item, it doesn't have to be the sweetest and most expensive one out there.

Then I got to thinking.....

.....after Obama......

......I now seem to be into quantity.

Crud!! Can I change my vote?

Latest posts

Top Bottom