REAL. lion pic in harrah oklahoma.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a bobcat. You can even see the spots on its white belly and the short tail gives it away. Definitely not a lion. There may be some around but that isn't one of them.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hope that the ones calling this a mountain lion are only kidding. Please tell me you're not serious.

It's kind of disconcerting that people who can't identify a bobcat are carrying weapons in the woods with the intention of killing stuff.

The picture is plenty clear. You could trace the rough outline with a magic marker and show it to a blind man after a night of binge drinking and he should still be able to tell you what North American mammal it is.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a bob cat. Coloring isn't the same. We have those here. They're called mountain lions. We have one on the creek right by my house.

If you know anything about lions they do not live in one small area, their home range can be hundreds of miles, traveling up to 25 miles in a single day.
The odwc gets hundreds of reports of lions a year but only a handful over the last few decades have turned out to be legit. They are in Oklahoma but are very rare. That is a bobcat without a doubt.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks more like a bobcat to me as well, I have seen a Mountain Lion in the same area(mile section)on two different occasions with my own eyes and trust me their tails are the dead give away. One time it was a lot closer than I was comfortable with, as I was out in the open away from my truck where my gun was at the time. I'm not joking that cat was big and I mean big, I was pretty nervous and I don't get wound up that easy. This was also in Oklahoma around the Pharoah area, in between Okemah and Henryetta in Okfuske County.

Latest posts

Top Bottom