1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Roll Call Long range ENS

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by okierider, May 29, 2020.

1. k4ylr

k4ylr Sharpshooter

What wrong mags did you get? Also don't get savage aics mags.... MDT, Accurate, ARC, or actual AI mags.

Cowcatcher and Glock 40 like this.
  2. O4L

O4L Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Why is nobody posting pictures of groups on paper targets? Was it all ringing steel?

Nothing wrong with shooting steel. It's a lot of fun to get that instant feedback on hitting a target but I figured there would be a little paper punching going on.

Cowcatcher, Glock 40 and kwaynem like this.
  3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I guess nobody thought to. There were some very nice groups shot when we went to check targets. Put pasters on them and returned to the firing line for another round. We had a couple of spotting scopes that were in use to check hits on the targets.
    When I hung targets, there was a 12" shoot and see target on top with three 10" bulls underneath so folks could get feedback on how much drop they had. Very few rounds hit lower than the top bull. I saved a couple of the targets. Try to get a pic of one of them for an example.
    If they were shooting at deer, a lot of dead animals would have fallen.

O4L likes this.
  4. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    WWII German Luger owned by xseler. An absolutely beautiful piece of history. All S/N match including two mags with the same S/N. You don't get many chances in life to shoot a fine firearm like this one. Plate is 12" circular.
    Edit: One of our club members came late to the game with his upper end .22 rimfire for anyone to shoot at the 300 yard steel. He competes at out to 500 yards with his rimfires. Can't remember what group sponsors the competitions he shoots at. Had the pleasure to ding steel with that rifle as well. He had all the dope dialed in already so it was just point and shoot.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    That Luger was nice. Very cool, I had never held one, it is actually a very comfortable pistol.

I didn't take any pictures of groups because I had so many shots on my target it wouldn't look like much, and I'm not a great shot anyways. I was on paper, and hitting steel, that was good enough for me.

6. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have a pair of the .300WM AICS but they're too short. 3.725 I think. They won't stay in the magwell.

What's wrong with the Savage mags?

7. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'd like to hear more about that "upper end .22 rimfire", if you would be so kind.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  8. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It was a bolt gun. I’m going to the gun club meeting tonight. I’ll ask the brand. Had lots of personal touches done to it like the bolt handle milling, etc.

9. xseler

xseler These are not the firearms you're looking for.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    One of them was a Bergera. The other, I couldn't make out what it was --- may have been a built custom. He was using Eley Match ammo. Huge Athlon scopes. Even had a sleeve with a "Drop Data" card.

dennishoddy likes this.
  10. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Yeah I am thinking 30 to 40 MOA rail + Athlon Cronus and Ares have 32 Mil elevation. That is a ton of elevation if someone is going 500 yards with 22lr. Eley Match SV at 300 Yards is 39.7 MOA or 11.6Mil and at 500yd its 93 MOA and 27Mil. That bullet is going 645fps at 500 yards about the speed of a 45acp from a 1911 ;)