Ron Paul for President

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He believes Pakistan should have sovereignty, so do I. He believes free adult citizens should choose what chemicals they inhale, as do I. So far he's battin' 1,000.

Incidentally, you live in the only country that has ever killed anyone, purposefully, with a nuclear weapon. Maybe Pakistan should decide whether or not you have nukes.
Yes we did, a peaceful country, living on a small island, who's only wish was to be left alone to pick daisies, and make Hondas. Shame upon us blood thirsty suckers.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually avoid conversations about Ron Paul

Same here, but for a different reason.

I've met very, very few Paul supporters that can have a lucid discussion. Most are typical Paulbots that regurgitate the same statements over and over without regard to what's fact, what's fiction, and what's true. I've even had a few that tried to claim that his voting record was manipulated.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Give me a bit to dig them up, it has been a couple of weeks since I read them.

EDIT: Crap!!! Can not find the polls but I did find a piece that talks about and quotes them.

In an analysis accompanying his most recent survey in Iowa, pollster Scott Rasmussen noted, "Romney leads, with Gingrich in second, among those who consider themselves Republicans. Paul has a wide lead among non-Republicans who are likely to participate in the caucus."

In Iowa, according to Rasmussen, just 51 percent of Paul supporters consider themselves Republicans. In New Hampshire, the number is 56 percent, according to Andrew Smith, head of the University of New Hampshire poll.

There are others mentioned too.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/mischief-voters-push-paul-front-gop-race/276751

Last edited:

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the wonderful slew of choices this time around, a Libertarian in a red tie sounds like the better option. Anyone who supports individual liberty to the extent that you could smoke a bowl, punch holes in paper with your evil black rifle, or hit the sack with whoever you want based on your own personal inclination to do so seems like a potential first plug in the hole eroding individual liberty in this country.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Johnson will not be on the Oklahoma ballot I'll bet. We have some of the same anti-3rd party laws on the books as Virginia.

According to what I read, if he gets the Libertarian nomination he will be on the ballot in all 50 states. The Libertarians have made good progress in the last several years which is one reason I do not like Ron Paul, he is a Libertarian but knows he can not win on his own so he hopes to get the votes of those who would vote for anyone with an R after their name.

"We are fed up with the two-party system," he said. "And the ability to be in the game, to be on the ballot in all 50 states, is an opportunity to advance this agenda which I really think resonates with most people in this country."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...ohnson-launches-libertarian-presidential-bid/

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to what I read, if he gets the Libertarian nomination he will be on the ballot in all 50 states. The Libertarians have made good progress in the last several years which is one reason I do not like Ron Paul, he is a Libertarian but knows he can not win on his own so he hopes to get the votes of those who would vote for anyone with an R after their name.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...ohnson-launches-libertarian-presidential-bid/

But I thought you said he was mostly resonating with Democrats? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom