Rookie Knifemaker pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are killing me here. I had no idea this would strike this much interest. Being so new to this I wouldnt even know where to start pricing my blades? I recently posted on Craigslist but didnt think I would get any responses. I am in shock....LOL

If you guys are serious and if there is really that much interest I would be more than thrilled to make several of these.

Thank you all very much. I am smiling ear to ear right now.....lol

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words brother. I look forward to the river and camping my friend. Maybe even bring the blades out and do some chopping!

Send them pics to me tonight so we can get it all figured out buddy.

Thanks for the love guys!

Chris

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GD,

Sorry brother I some how overlooked your post. Thank you sir, I am a proud man to say the least. I think as men, the day we find out we are having sons is the best day in the world!!! My father passed away last year and Iknow he is up there smiling down on us.

As far as the Corian goes.....Not sure, I know it looks fantastic when finished right. All I know is, this White Micarta burned if you looked at it wrong. I had to slow the grinder to the slowest speed to even finish it. I will never work with it again....lol

I am curious on your Corian though...I think its beautiful when finished right! Let me kick that around a little bit.

Love that #2!! If your unsatified with it, and need a different white handle material, I have a 1"X4"X24" block of white Corian I would swap towards it lots of knife handles there polishes out to a white quartz look...........=)

LMK,
BT

P.S. Congrats on the Little one!

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nanoteck9,

I had the same questions when I saw a pic of Martin Olexey's blade. He is a maker in Texas and I bought my first few customs from him. Great guy.

I picked his brain on his technique. He told me all I need is Cratex rods. Do a google and they will pop up. Its basically a rubber material with abrasives added. You chuck the Cratex in your drill press, rotary tool, hand drill...whatever you have and try and follow a pattern overlapping each circle. Practice on some scrap first though....Ask me how I know.....lol Martin also told me wire brush wheels can work too by dipping them in buffing compound and doing the same process.

Good luck, it surely makes the steel pop!!!!

Thank you for your support brother.

Chris

cool! how do you do the jeweling? I've always been curious...

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap.....Bill, I had no idea you where a member here. Nice to see ya here bud. Bill Coye makes a mean blade guys:yikes2: And is one of my favorite makers. He was one of the first few that got me started in this knifemaking game.

Awesome to see you here Bill.

Chris

Lookin' good amigo! :thumb:

BC

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap.....Bill, I had no idea you where a member here. Nice to see ya here bud. Bill Coye makes a mean blade guys:yikes2: And is one of my favorite makers. He was one of the first few that got me started in this knifemaking game.

Awesome to see you here Bill.

Chris

You bet! Some of the guys at Oklahoma Police Supply in Tulsa were talking about OKS and I thought I'd check it out.

Guns.

Knives.

Same thing :)

BC

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its great to see you here. Even though you never accepted my facebook friend request....I still feel the love though brother...haha

Next time your in PC let me know Bill. Yes, I know...I still need to get down to your shop to get some hands on!!!!

You bet! Some of the guys at Oklahoma Police Supply in Tulsa were talking about OKS and I thought I'd check it out.

Guns.

Knives.

Same thing :)

BC

Thanks AirMech74. You guys rock here on OKS!
very nice, I love the one in the first pic.

Thank you to you as well RetOKSquid. Only about 5 more months to go until he is here!!!
Saaaweet! 2nd would make a good skinner. Like the 1st, Love the last one. Congrats on the little one.

Thanks for the love fellas!

Chris

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good looking knives! When I saw the thickness of the blade on your wife's knife I said "Oh damn! out loud. That is some serious steel. Like the chopper too. Reminds me of Snody.
Keep grinding!! I'd like to see more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom