Rookie Knifemaker pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Sean,

Let me get caught up with this batch and then I will look into doing a couple of these. There is another member that mentioned he was interested as well. Once I get ready I will send ya a PM. Might be several weeks though. I have a custom Fantasy piece I am working on too.

Might shoot me an email or PM a couple weeks down the road to remind me. My head is starting to spin....lol

Thanks for your interest bud,

Chris

Would definitely like to have something like that last one. :thumb:

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chris we dropped into town Friday night on the way to Wichita for the Chisolm Trail Gun Show. I just have to go to the Airport and eat at Enriques . I was there when he opened 27 years ago. Best Mexican food in the STATE. Try to yell at you next time I get close. Mike

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Yeah, a heads up would have been nice...haha I cant believe I have never eaten at Enriques. Everyone in town tells me its the best. I am from the west coast and we have top notch Mexican on every corner. The best I have had so far in Ponca is a place off of 14th and Prospect. I will have to take the wife over to the Airport and fill my tummy with some of that spicey goodness:thumb:

How is there Chili Releno? My all time fav:rubhands:

Hope you had a good time at the show, maybe even bought a nice toy or two!!!!

Let me know next time your in town pardner. Would like to meet you and maybe pick your brain a little on knife-making hehehe

Later bud,

Chris

Chris we dropped into town Friday night on the way to Wichita for the Chisolm Trail Gun Show. I just have to go to the Airport and eat at Enriques . I was there when he opened 27 years ago. Best Mexican food in the STATE. Try to yell at you next time I get close. Mike

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys,

Blanks should finally be in my hands and on the bench by the weekend. I will snap some pics. David still managed to get these done for me even though he is working 24/7-365.....He is a madman!

Thanks guys,

Chris

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the blanks didnt make it. I expect them to be here today:homer::scratch::respect:

I did however manage to play a bit while waiting for them. This is what hours on the band saw looks like. Then my Coote Grinder does the rest of the work for me:
ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_OaksSteelGragonAction006.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AGrantsBlade001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AGrantsBlade003.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_BeenBusy005.jpg

[Broken External Image]

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_BeenBusy001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AGrantsBlade007.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa286_FinalFusion_AGrantsBlade005.jpg

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking good. The Damascus looks very interesting too. Can't wait to see them finished out.

Thanks buddy! Yeah, once I finish the monster saw back and etch it....WOW! Gonna be nice.

I should have put more pics in of the actual band saw cutting......That was just after cutting them off the sticks. Much more involved when cutting on the band saw. :scream:

Thanks for the comments, Jeff. Is it Spring yet:punch:

Chris

warrior45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Bobby!! I have to agree with you....I have a serious chopper fetish:pms2: I am still working on new designs....my sketch pad is getting full. Its still all trial and error for me, but trying a design out is the only way to know if it will work. I appreciate your encouragement pardner! You guys keep your eyes peeled...in the next couple months I will be doing a GAW. What better chance to get a rookies new design than a free drawing:bighug:

Chris, the new knives are looking great. I really like the bottom two larger knives that you made.

Keep up the good work buddy.

Hey Bill!

Thanks buddy, as you can see....all just rough cut. Still gotta set the bevels on the smaller blades, then finish them up to send to Brad. Hope the blanks arrive from David today!!!

Oh, yes.....the Damascus is from Clint. Great guy!!!! I plan on visiting him when I go back home and then to Cali to see my brother. He lives not too far from him! Probably have Darci show me how to build a real knife....LOL That girl is going to be an amazing maker man!!!

Thanks again, Bill.

Chris

Looking good Chris! Is that the Damascus from Ironarmsknives in San Diego?

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom