S.Potts Custom knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With hunting season around the corner, the fever pulled me out of summer vacation to make this hunting knife.

8" total, blade is 3 1/4" @ 3/16 stoick thickness. Handle is ironwood with brass accents. Sheath is 8-9 oz leather dyed saddle tan

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2nd up a pair of 8" hunters in 5/32" 1095 carbon steel, with Ivory Micarta scales, brass accents, brass Mosaic pins and tubes, thumb and finger jimping. 8-9 oz horizontal carry sheaths.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought you were reposting mine there for a second, lol. Then I saw it had different scrollwork. Such a great job.

I guess that's good and bad in a way. When I post a knife I get a lot of requests for one just like it or almost just like it. Which is good everyone knows what there getting and for me I can just reproduce from the same pattern make a few minor changes everyone is happy. On the other hand that makes my list of new knives and things I want to experiment with get longer and longer. Since I really only have the weekends to make knives, go hunting, fishing, mow, and anything else I want or need to do I stay behind...lol. Any way I'm about to pack up the knife shop and my house and move to a place I can spread out a little bit with a much bigger shop. I'm going to take the time when I move to complete a bunch of projects I have been wanting to do for some time, like make myself a new knife grinder, make a home-made heat treat over, I have one but I also have all the parts gathered to make my own just need to make time. Make a 2nd forge this one with two burners. When I get those projects done I will start making knives again with a few new rules for myself one of those is make sure I have plenty of time to play since that's why I started this whole hobby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom