S&W Model 586 (no dash)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woohoo!! New gun day for me today. And, for once, it didn't cost me a dime. I traded one of my AR's that I don't shoot that much for it. I've been wanting one of these for YEARS, but just couldn't come up with the cash at the right time. This was the first revolver I ever shot back when I was a wee little guy (started shooting when I was about 6). I hated it when my mom had to sell it back when I was in high school (yes, my mom taught me to shoot). Can't wait to get out to the range to put a few rounds down the pipe.

2015-10-26 14.38.06.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice gun. i go through nickel phases where i'll have a few and sell or trade them off. usually end up getting another one eventually. i have a 586 no dash in six inch blue and really like it. if a four inch blue came along, i might have to find a way to get it. i think the blue four inch 586 might be the best looking revolver made to date

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
S&W L-frames are nice handguns. I have a few of them. In fact, either a K-frame Model 65 (see my avatar) or an L-frame Model 681 is my EDC.

Here is a stock photo of a 681

www.imfdb.org_images_f_f8_Sw681.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice gun. i go through nickel phases where i'll have a few and sell or trade them off. usually end up getting another one eventually. i have a 586 no dash in six inch blue and really like it. if a four inch blue came along, i might have to find a way to get it. i think the blue four inch 586 might be the best looking revolver made to date

I like the blued guns, but I always tend to gravitate toward the nickel for some reason. I think that it's because this and my chrome 10mm are basically "bbq" guns, so I like them flashy. :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom