Scavenging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see that it's already been covered but yep this sunshine would be me.

Lurker you are just too smart for your own good. I think for me it's the freckles that draw everyone in. I mean come on I can't be that mean with angel kisses all over my face right?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I argue that in the absence of law, playing nice will get you a death sentence very fast.

That's about as pointed as I can be.

This is not only true in shtf world scenario. It plays out every day. Girls, especially, are taught to be non confrontational and to 'just be nice' I know for a 100% true fact that this behavior causes people to become victims of violent crimes.

Lets play this scenario out. Some guy touches your body in a flirty overly friendly way, You tell him don't touch me, If he responds with anything other than humility and apologies, then your response needs to be swift, decisive and loud one way or the other. That's how it should go. In real life it goes more like some guy touches your body in an overly friendly way, a girl will kind of nervously laugh and say stop it, don't do that but still using a 'nice tone' but he keeps on and it escalates from there Or you jump up and say don't ****ing touch me again and he does not respond in a i'm so sorry way and then starts beating your ass and attacking you from there all because you were to 'nice' to either A. attack first- if he is to close for you to draw- get closer to him and get crazy mean it goes against normal reaction but you must train yourself to do this. or B. if you have the ability Draw your firearm and be prepared to squeeze. or C if you can get away there is no shame in running like hell to save your life in an attack.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see that it's already been covered but yep this sunshine would be me.

Lurker you are just too smart for your own good. I think for me it's the freckles that draw everyone in. I mean come on I can't be that mean with angel kisses all over my face right?

I was gonna say that but I've seen yall Bartertown women shoot. ;)

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sound advice Subprep, I'll be sharing with my girls minus the draw. They can't carry yet.

please do. If they are to young to carry, get them pepper spray and a knife and teach them how to use it. Not saying you would do this but if anyone else is reading this a purse is not how to use it. You don't even want to hear me go off about that :soapbox:

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is not only true in shtf world scenario. It plays out every day. Girls, especially, are taught to be non confrontational and to 'just be nice' I know for a 100% true fact that this behavior causes people to become victims of violent crimes.

Lets play this scenario out. Some guy touches your body in a flirty overly friendly way, You tell him don't touch me, If he responds with anything other than humility and apologies, then your response needs to be swift, decisive and loud one way or the other. That's how it should go. In real life it goes more like some guy touches your body in an overly friendly way, a girl will kind of nervously laugh and say stop it, don't do that but still using a 'nice tone' but he keeps on and it escalates from there Or you jump up and say don't ****ing touch me again and he does not respond in a i'm so sorry way and then starts beating your ass and attacking you from there all because you were to 'nice' to either A. attack first- if he is to close for you to draw- get closer to him and get crazy mean it goes against normal reaction but you must train yourself to do this. or B. if you have the ability Draw your firearm and be prepared to squeeze. or C if you can get away there is no shame in running like hell to save your life in an attack.
I would disagree with the bolded. That behavior doesn't cause people to become victims. No means no whether it is said in a nice tone or an authoritative tone. People become victims because someone does something to them that they did not want done. That simple overly friendly touch that is unwanted already makes them a victim. The normal reaction to confrontation is an assortment. Some freeze up, others just run and very few fight. There is no right or wrong in that, it is just natural. You can train yourself to the response you would like, but it takes time & effort. Most people don't do this until after they've been victimized and it is their way to try to regain control of a situation.
Been there & froze. Trust me, wasn't my fault & it damn sure won't happen again.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yall are both right in a bunch of ways. Either way I'll tell ya this. No man can ever walk in a woman's shoes.

You haven't been to the mall in L-town.

The behavior that causes some to become victims situational awareness and then, how they react once they are thrust into the situation. This is true, regardless of gender (or orientation), though some may be viewed as weaker / easier targets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom