September Eat and Shoot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having to strap that thing on every day would drive me absolutely bonkers!!! You are definitely a trooper!!!

OH, no!! Not at all. The alternative is a distinct possibility of a failed double fusion. I'd hang upside down like a bat for 8 hours a day if I had to to keep that from happening. I am a CHICKEN ... lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since everyone has to drive, would 9am be an ok time to start?
Kids are not only welcome but encouraged. The club sponsors a youth shooting program, kids are in our blood and history.
I took the class 52 years ago. The same class with new NRA certified instructors is being taught today.

There are no range fees. Everyone will be coming as my guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kids are not only welcome but encouraged. The club sponsors a youth shooting program, kids are in our blood and history.
I took the class 52 years ago. The same class with new NRA certified instructors is being taught today.

This time works for me / us ...

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could manage that... but, of course, I'd assume people are free to come later if you don't want to leave home too early, right?

Planning on shooting a couple/few hours? Lunch around noon or 1? Or later, 2 or 3?

Again, never been to one of these.

It's always been pretty flexible but I dunno how it works this time because I'm not familiar with how the range up there handles visitors. Gonna have to defer to Dennis. And if we are going by druthers, I'd druther eat someplace than do potluck. Of course, this is all assuming I can eat by then. So ... Again, I'll defer to Dennis.

Nothing like passing the buck, huh?? I am kinda enjoying this ... Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We could manage that... but, of course, I'd assume people are free to come later if you don't want to leave home too early, right?

Planning on shooting a couple/few hours? Lunch around noon or 1? Or later, 2 or 3?

Again, never been to one of these.
Ok, finally got home from the Ozarks, and can devote some attention to this. I could get one bar of 4g on one side of the porch of the cabin.
The range has a gate with a combination code. I can send a "runner" to the gate. We have a wire sensor buried on the exit side, so one just drives up and the gate opens automatically, but does require a code to get in. I'd give my number to those coming so a text could be sent and a runner sent to the gate to open it and guide the late-comers to the area we are shooting.
I don't know any other way to do it.
Original plans are to drive to Ponca and eat at Danny's BBQ when the group decides they have had enough, and are getting hungry. I'm betting that would be noon or a tad later?

These maps are on our website. Feel free to copy.
http://poncarpc.org/
The street address to put in your GPS is:
13501 S. Q St.
Ponca City, Ok.
As it gets closer, I'll post up some tips to get to us quicker from those coming from the south. GPS wants to route you through Tonkawa most often, but its 10 minutes quicker to go north to the HWY60 exit.

poncarpc.org_Graphics_RangeMap.jpg

poncarpc.org_Graphics_dirTonkawa.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed a sign in Ponca for a BBQ festival this weekend, you can buy samplers of the different BBQs, sampling starts at 1230PM. Not sure if anyone is interested in this, or if Danny's (formerly Head Country BBQ) is still a better bet.

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

I'll be there with The Wife and The Boy. At the Eat 'n' Shoot, not the festival, unless people decide they want to move the eating part out there, instead.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

9AM works well for me too. These things (ENS) are more fun than oughhta be legal! Woohoo@ Imma bring a bag full of guns and boolets!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I noticed a sign in Ponca for a BBQ festival this weekend, you can buy samplers of the different BBQs, sampling starts at 1230PM. Not sure if anyone is interested in this, or if Danny's (formerly Head Country BBQ) is still a better bet.

Just thought I'd throw it out there...

I'll be there with The Wife and The Boy. At the Eat 'n' Shoot, not the festival, unless people decide they want to move the eating part out there, instead.

God, I wish I could eat!! :crying: Maybe I can just follow you guys around and inhale deeply!!:blush: I gotta go back to the neurosurgeon Thursday because the biopsy of my throat showed I am having an allergic reaction and since I haven't eaten anything in a week we think it's the plates. AND I have a gastric emptying test Friday to see what's up with the constant nausea and vomiting. I'm about SICK of doctors and their tests ... BUT ... hopefully this will help them figure out what to do with me and get me on the straight and narrow. I still feel better than I did so no complaining on my part ... except they are gonna make me eat radioactive oatmeal ... lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom