Shooting Sticks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While not homemade as yours with the paracord, here is one I picked up from the local Wallyworld. Never have used a shooting stick till my recent acquisition of a couple of 44 mag hunting pistols. Son in law told me about this one, cheap and it worked great last week while up in Arkansas hunting and shooting. Collapsible and Adjusts from 21 to 61 inches. Around $12 stout and lightweight.

Wow Hunting with a pistol sounds awesome, I hope your trip was good. Thanks for the info

somarsmi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have it anymore but my first setup was an old camera tri-pod I bought at a garage sale.

I am totally interested in this idea for a heavier barrel varmint rifle I'm building. Just can’t seem to find a used tripod at any garage sale that isn’t broke.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a couple of fiberglass cattle sorting sticks at the local elevator, the ones with the rubber grips like a golf club, cut them to a length that would work if I set on a 5 gallon bucket and then if I set on the ground you can spread them out.

After I cut them to length I took a couple of 3/4" brass couplers and epoxied them to where half of the length would dig into the ground and not slip. To attach them together I just used some para cord and put a couple of half hitches in it.

They are a little more expensive but they'll last forever.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While not homemade as yours with the paracord, here is one I picked up from the local Wallyworld. Never have used a shooting stick till my recent acquisition of a couple of 44 mag hunting pistols. Son in law told me about this one, cheap and it worked great last week while up in Arkansas hunting and shooting. Collapsible and Adjusts from 21 to 61 inches. Around $12 stout and lightweight.

I got the same one about 4 yrs ago. After season, clearance rack, last one $4. Grandson (10 at the time) used it to help with my Browning BL-92 lever .44 Rem Mag to take a doe during Special Youth. I haven't gotten the gun or the stix back, yet.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the same one about 4 yrs ago. After season, clearance rack, last one $4. Grandson (10 at the time) used it to help with my Browning BL-92 lever .44 Rem Mag to take a doe during Special Youth. I haven't gotten the gun or the stix back, yet.

Congrats to your Grandson, he might be thinking he has grandpas lucky rifle and sticks!!! LOL!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom