Shoulder Carry Rig?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRulingFool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm considering getting a shoulder rig for a S&W M&P40 for carry under my jacket/coat during the cooler months of the year, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for comfortable/functional shoulder carry rigs.

jandreski

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
galco but if you strap it to your belt it gets uncomfortable, i carry 2 mags and 5 in 1911 on mine, but under a jacket, pm me if you want more information. i hear the cloth ones are outstanding, but depends how heavy the weapon is.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the Galco Miami Classic line. I carry a full-size 1911 in one all day long each and every day (wearing it as we speak). You could pay more or less for other brands, but skip the headache and go with Galco. High quality, and great customer service. As was mentioned by jandreski, don't tie it to your belt. It's made in a way that doesn't require the rig to be secured. That allows you and the rig to move comfortably and not bind up.

TheRulingFool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's good for clothing? Obviously you'd need something that buttons down, but what can I wear that's comfortable, conceals well, and isn't too damn hot during the summer months?

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's good for clothing? Obviously you'd need something that buttons down, but what can I wear that's comfortable, conceals well, and isn't too damn hot during the summer months?

Actually, last friday I wore the galco holster against my skin and just had a hawaiian shirt over it. It was crazy hot outside, but the holster carrying to fully loaded 8rd mags and a fullsize 1911 with 8rd mag wasn't a problem at all. My galco has the midsize straps so they aren't the thin ones, but they aren't the extra thick ones either. The thin ones in my experience can kind of cut into you a little more with a heavier load.

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoulder rigs are nice in the winter if worn properly. Galco makes the best IMO and has several different "styles". A lot of it will depend on your build too as to how well they'll work for you.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, last friday I wore the galco holster against my skin and just had a hawaiian shirt over it. It was crazy hot outside, but the holster carrying to fully loaded 8rd mags and a fullsize 1911 with 8rd mag wasn't a problem at all. My galco has the midsize straps so they aren't the thin ones, but they aren't the extra thick ones either. The thin ones in my experience can kind of cut into you a little more with a heavier load.

Won't that rust your gun?

Latest posts

Top Bottom