Show your pics of deer - 2009 ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know huh? haven't had a picture of him since. this is the first year i have put out mineral, and this picture was about 3 weeks after I first put it out. The deer don't seem to be hitting it like they were. Is it normal for them to stop hitting the spots later in the year?

From what I have read, deer only use the mineral blocks and that type of stuff in the spring when they really need it to put on antlers. Later in the season, they might not need as much mineral, and this may be what you are seeing. Just my opinion, and some experience putting them out myself with the same results.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a guy takes the sd card from the game cam and put it in your personal camera can you view the photos? Then get rid of the one you dont want.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a guy takes the sd card from the game cam and put it in your personal camera can you view the photos? Then get rid of the one you dont want.

My friend does that, but when I tried, it won't work at all it because my camera uses a different format than the game cam, so its swap them out and take them home.

deshijm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a few of my recent ones...Any guesses as to what they might score?

Attachments

• Blade Side View.JPG
    Blade Side View.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Blade Turning to His Left.JPG
    Blade Turning to His Left.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Blade Up-Close.JPG
    Blade Up-Close.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Dagger.jpg
    Dagger.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 256

deshijm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
tjones96761

I agree with you on the first one. The second one might be a bit more than 150 gross, but I'm not too good on judging "on the hoof". I got an eight point a few years ago that grossed in the upper 140's, and at least based on the trail cam pics I've got to think he's at least 10 points higher. Hard to say just based on the pics though.

Here's another couple pics of him to give some better angles.

Oklahomabassin

I thought the second one might be a little young, but based on the mass alone I figured the first one might be 4-1/2 or even 5 1/2. You're right though, it would be VERY hard to pass him up.

I appreciate the comments.

deshijm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ooops.

Would've been nice to include the pics, huh. Sorry. Here they are.

Attachments

• Dagger Front View.JPG
    Dagger Front View.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Dagger View from behind.jpg
    Dagger View from behind.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 218

Latest posts

Top Bottom