SHTF Topics I have one question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea. Honestly. My wife is the banker.

We just bought it last year though, and I've upgraded it with a 10x12 wood shed and a partially complete privacy fence, as well as some ungodly brush removal in the backyard, so I hope like hell it hasn't depreciated in that year. Even for current mortgage problems I'd have a hard time believing it has.

However, the white trash neighbor has moved a few more cars into his 30x60 front yard, eliminating the few blades of grass he had when we moved here. The stench from the German shepherd he let die underneath his house went away finally though. . .

Hook up with a decent realtor and try to move it, now that you've been here awhile I'm sure that you have a better idea of where you'd like to live. You can find some pretty decent deals.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although on a serious note who is actually prepared to shelter in place?

As I have said I expect the worse case to be an economic collapse and yes I am prepared to shelter in place at least until the crazies calm down. Then if we have to, we can head to the family farm. I can even run my business from there if need be. Might not be much business if the economy does collapse but every bit would help.

Being prepared does not mean being ready to fight WW3. It does mean being ready for the most likely scenarios. That can range from losing power for a week or more, to a major depression. Those things are possible. Zombies etc are not possible (I Hope!!!) but are fun to talk about.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We just bought it last year though, and I've upgraded it with a 10x12 wood shed and a partially complete privacy fence, as well as some ungodly brush removal in the backyard, so I hope like hell it hasn't depreciated in that year. Even for current mortgage problems I'd have a hard time believing it has.

However, the white trash neighbor has moved a few more cars into his 30x60 front yard, eliminating the few blades of grass he had when we moved here. The stench from the German shepherd he let die underneath his house went away finally though. . .

You can find listings for "comps", homes that have sold in your area recently and for how much. North Tulsa is a tough realestate venture at times, good luck and good fences.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sounds like you need to call the MAC at 596-2100 and do some reporting!:giveup:

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hook up with a decent realtor and try to move it, now that you've been here awhile I'm sure that you have a better idea of where you'd like to live. You can find some pretty decent deals.

Honestly if it were any other time we probably would. We moved here solely so I could go to school, and after I got here the TWS reviews turned to crap, mainly the school caring more about money than teaching. I changed over to machinist school, and I have about 10 months left. Once I can get in a machine shop making decent money, we'll get this place paid off, stock up some extra cash, suck it up and sit on it for a few years. Plus when I get a decent job I'm paying my own bill for an alarm system for the house.

We will be out of here before we have school age kids though(none at all so far). Things are *kind of* looking up for the area too. Road improvements are making their way up here. There's a new DHS facility going in at 56th and Cincinnati, and I was told the 10 year plan includes a new police station there too, to go along with the newer fire station there now.

I can only hope it happens and that things change, but preparing for the worst keeps my mindset a little more at ease than just hoping for good luck every day.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to call the MAC at 596-2100 and do some reporting!:giveup:

Yeah. . .about that. At the time, I actually got *cough*along*cough* with the guy, and I just chose to let it be. Since then, it's kind of went downhill and I'm just holding on to the little nuggets of information I have. I'm a law abiding citizen, and try to stay on the right side of the law.

Plus I don't need to. When he jumped my azz for something I didn't do, the whole neighborhood(who I do my best to go out of my way for, rough though it be) was on my side. When the deutschebag called the cops on me, they joined my side.

I'm just sitting around here polishing my halo. . .:fallangel

ETA: Plus you have to have 2 or more people to report the same person, unless someone is in imminent danger. At least that's the apparent rule up here, according to the MAL personnel.

nhgsr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hoping we could all meet up at a centrally located park and we'd all play volleyball and drink beer.

I have already begun a strict beer drinking regimen in preparation. I figure this should keep me well prepared for when SHTF. Unfortunately, my OD speedo is currently on backorder. My fingers are crossed that it is shipped out in time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom