SHTF Topics I have one question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Sherman for the back up on the SHTF possibilities (no sarcasm)

Now time to flame since i am not in a serious mood

If the balloons were incendiary does that mean I could have fought the battle with my trusty water pistol while sitting on my front porch?

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did someone say impossible?

Nope. If you think it's probable or possible though, you're a crazy nutjob lunatic according to most.

I agree with RickN, if a SHTF type event were to happen it would most likely be due to a major economic meltdown.

I just also happen to believe that were it to happen to the U.S., our allies would suddenly find their commitment to being our allies skin-deep. And hoorah, look at who our major serious allies are-the ones that all got rid of public gun ownership. Oops.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wanted to fix this for you, even though it wasn't a "state" it was American territorial soil, much like Hawaii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleutian_Islands_Campaign

Also, though not "human feet", the Japanese launched many aerial incendiary weather baloons that fell in Western states in an attempt to damage lumber supplies and create massive havoc by forest fires.

Lest we forget, there were also attempts by Japanese "carrier subs" to bomb locations in the continental-US, and one of these subs is sunk a very short distance from Washington states' shoreline.

So, with the limited knowledge of what I do know about China's navy, buying nuclear submarines from Russia, as well as rapidly developing their own submarine knowledge and carrier capabilities, and having an army vastly superior in size to what Japan had in WW2, I don't think it impossible. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Nope.

From here on, you can make jokes about how easy it would be to prevent it. Sarah Palin in a helicopter with a rifle, whatever. Let the flaming continue.

I would say that Muslim extremists setting off a bomb in the WTC parking garage and 8 years later flying jets into the WTC and Pentagon are much better examples of the enemy making a successful attack on American soil...and just how much survival gear did the average Okie need in these situations?

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I decided you were the most correct person in the world, with such a superior surveillance system monitoring all things in my area from Bixby. No one in North Tulsa is out to get anybody. Everyone up here is clearly a good guy. The loud pops I hear are nothing more than 4th of July party poppers and out of tune engines. All of the so called crimes are nothing more than Hollywood simulations and the news reports them due to lack of actual happenings in the Tulsa metro area.

Now if you're satisfied with the truth you know to exist in my area from the confines of your safe house in the much more hostile no-mans land of Bixby, I'll let you get back to dipping frozen waffles in vats of syrup and continue pwning fairy gangstas in WoW.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. I decided you were the most correct person in the world, with such a superior surveillance system monitoring all things in my area from Bixby. No one in North Tulsa is out to get anybody. Everyone up here is clearly a good guy. The loud pops I hear are nothing more than 4th of July party poppers and out of tune engines. All of the so called crimes are nothing more than Hollywood simulations and the news reports them due to lack of actual happenings in the Tulsa metro area.

Now if you're satisfied with the truth you know to exist in my area from the confines of your safe house in the much more hostile no-mans land of Bixby, I'll let you get back to dipping frozen waffles in vats of syrup and continue pwning fairy gangstas in WoW.

Hey, there was a shooting in my part of town just yesterday. We've gone all hood and sh*t.

Latest posts

Top Bottom