SHTF Topics I have one question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although on a serious note who is actually prepared to shelter in place?

I inventoried the tool box in truck the other day, for some odd reason it has become a bug out box. Lightweight 4 season tent and 3 season tent, small catalytic propane heater, 8 propane bottles coleman lantern, sleeping bag, case of beef stew, case of vienna sausages, case of bushes baked beans, 2 tarps 100 feet of rope 100 feet of paracord, fishing supplies, lures and bait, fire starting materials hand held limb saw, hatchet, hunting and fillet knives 200 rounds of 9mm ammo, 100 rounds of 5.56 300 rounds of .22, 100 rounds of .45 and 40 rounds of 30-30. First aid kit, water purification(iodine) tablets and a 3 liter camel back.

That's a good start for an Elk hunting trip. Forget the bug out crap.:thumbup3:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although on a serious note who is actually prepared to shelter in place?

Somehow over the past 2 years I seem to have unconsciously prepped my truck for the possibility of needing to survive for a short period wherever I might wind up at.

I inventoried the tool box in truck the other day, for some odd reason it has become a bug out box. Lightweight 4 season tent and 3 season tent, small catalytic propane heater, 8 propane bottles coleman lantern, sleeping bag, case of beef stew, case of vienna sausages, case of bush's baked beans, 2 tarps 100 feet of rope 100 feet of paracord, fishing supplies, lures and bait, fire starting materials hand held limb saw, hatchet, hunting and fillet knives 200 rounds of 9mm ammo, 100 rounds of 5.56 300 rounds of .22, 100 rounds of .45 and 40 rounds of 30-30. First aid kit, water purification(iodine) tablets and a 3 liter camel back.

truck tool box???? thats sound more like truck bed to me.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope it all fits in the toolbox.

When I want to go camping all I have to do is throw my pack, cooler 5 gallon water jugs kitchen box and chairs in the bed and I am ready to roll.

You got some pack straps for the tool box for when the truck breaks down or you run out of gas? Any 'bug-out' plan has to be viable in the worst case scenario, meaning "on foot".

That's why my family would be sheltering in place. There's too many of us (and too many little ones) in my clan...hence too much crap to worry about lugging around. LOL....

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got some pack straps for the tool box for when the truck breaks down or you run out of gas? Any 'bug-out' plan has to be viable in the worst case scenario, meaning "on foot".

That's why my family would be sheltering in place. There's too many of us (and too many little ones) in my clan...hence too much crap to worry about lugging around. LOL....

I am ready to shelter wherever my truck breaks down at. I have no illusions about bugging out with all that stuff but if something happens where I can't roll that's fine I can camp where I am at for a while.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your too scared to even do a little extreme weather campout... You wouldn't make it. Me on the other hand I have a stick, rope, and a pancho. I can survive indefinitely anywhere in the world with those items.

I am ready to shelter wherever my truck breaks down at. I have no illusions about bugging out with all that stuff but if something happens where I can't roll that's fine I can camp where I am at for a while.

Latest posts

Top Bottom