SHTF Topics I have one question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your too scared to even do a little extreme weather campout... You wouldn't make it. Me on the other hand I have a stick, rope, and a pancho. I can survive indefinitely anywhere in the world with those items.

No I have enough brain cells to avoid voluntarily subjecting myself to those conditions dodo bird. But I will probably have to do so for cardboard city, at least that one isn't a 4 hour drive if my kid gets too cold and want's to go home.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cardboard campout is for women folk. Cardboard structures are way more insulated and warmer than a tent. I did trappers two and a half weeks after surgery last year. I am my shtf equipment.

No I have enough brain cells to avoid voluntarily subjecting myself to those conditions dodo bird. But I will probably have to do so for cardboard city, at least that one isn't a 4 hour drive if my kid gets too cold and want's to go home.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although on a serious note who is actually prepared to shelter in place?

Somehow over the past 2 years I seem to have unconsciously prepped my truck for the possibility of needing to survive for a short period wherever I might wind up at.

As already mentioned it's more difficult for some to bug out than others, (children, elderly, etc.). But those who do shelter in place should have a contingency plan, two would be better. Do any of you in Tulsa know about the tunnels? Not the tunnels downtown, the storm water system that connects much of the city.

In parts of E.Tulsa Mingo Creek is a travel option.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You missed the point....SHTF is not going to be a giant invasion of Mexicans or chaos in the streets. It's going to be very personal (parking lot carjacking) or at worst a regionalized situation (natural disaster). SHTF everyday. It hit the fan on February 26 1993, again on April 19 1995, the one we'll all never forget September 11t2001. The biggest SHTF situation ever was on December 7 1941, and as far as I know, not a single enemy soldier set foot on American soil.

Wanted to fix this for you, even though it wasn't a "state" it was American territorial soil, much like Hawaii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleutian_Islands_Campaign

Also, though not "human feet", the Japanese launched many aerial incendiary weather baloons that fell in Western states in an attempt to damage lumber supplies and create massive havoc by forest fires.

Lest we forget, there were also attempts by Japanese "carrier subs" to bomb locations in the continental-US, and one of these subs is sunk a very short distance from Washington states' shoreline.

So, with the limited knowledge of what I do know about China's navy, buying nuclear submarines from Russia, as well as rapidly developing their own submarine knowledge and carrier capabilities, and having an army vastly superior in size to what Japan had in WW2, I don't think it impossible. Improbable? Yes. Impossible? Nope.

From here on, you can make jokes about how easy it would be to prevent it. Sarah Palin in a helicopter with a rifle, whatever. Let the flaming continue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom