Sig Brace ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not many use a full length metal rail any more. Plenty of key mod stuff out there that is lighter. I'm still in the just spend the money to get the SBR camp. I've dealt with ATF and don't want to be questioned. Already have a trust set up and ready to do suppressors now also.

I was actually referring to the small length of picatinny added to the bottom of the buffer saddle to mount the sling disconnect.

But while I'm here... what would be a good light recommendation for a keymod cover, just to mount an AFG an =d a TLR-1? This Keymod stuff is new since last time I was in the AR game.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My MK18 Mod0 inspired shorty complete with a Krylon job. Colors are off in this pic. Should be more of a desert sand color with a a camo brown/red scheme.

I forgot what pistol tube I'm using in this one. Like the KAK tube better for my purposes. This one is supposed to be "better" than the KAK tube in that the diameter is larger to prevent any rotational movement of the brace and has a "stop" preventing the brace from sliding forward. I like the brace farther back a bit from the built in stop and with the KAK tube I can purchase one of their sleeves or just wrap the tube with paracord up to where I want the brace to stop.

Because of the large diameter of this tube, wrapping paracord is not an option, due to getting in the way of the charging handle operation. What I've done is tightened the strap down to the point that it collapses the end of the brace, which prevents the brace from sliding forward. The diameter of the tube is larger, so the brace doesn't really have issues creeping forward but will still creep over time. I've also wrapped the tube with gaffers tape for both comfort and it also helps as a stop. Works great!

Oh and before any internet lawyers jump on my case about the vertical grip, the length of the firearm is over 26" in overall length.
Vertical grip on pistol shorter than 26" in overall length = AOW and is regulated.
Vertical grip on pistol longer than 26" in overall length = "Firearm" as ruled by ATF and is not regulated. Can even be legally sold to consumers in this configuration. Becomes "Pistol" again as soon as vertical grip is removed.

i.imgur.com_3qz1qKQ.jpg

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks great!

My buffer tube is an Ace, and is the same small diameter as a rifle receiver extension. I wrapped a few layers of Gorilla tape around the tube, then put on the brace. It doesn't budge. I barely got it on!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those using them as a pistol brace, does anyone else find that they force your arm and wrist into an odd angle when strapped down? Maybe it's just my anatomy, but I find it virtually impossible to get a sight picture without inclining my head way over to the side - or else installing a high riser and going sideways gangsta style.

I'm wondering why no one makes a "J brace" that would attach to the buffer and extend solidly to hook under rather than over the forearm, creating a cantilever of sorts to balance the forward weight. Or do they and I've just missed it?

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know to many of us that use them as pistol braces. Like you said, It is almost impossible to get a good sight picture and they are uncomfortable. They make a pretty good stock though. I have no trouble at all using mine as stocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom