Sig P239 as main CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled a Sig P239 tonight and was really impressed by the slim feel of the single-stack grip and the gun's balance. It only holds 8 rounds in 9mm, but I think it would be an awesome CCW.

Have any of you OSA folks had any experience with the P239? I REALLY like the looks of the two-tone model and I think it would wear better in daily holster use.

I have a Kahr CW45 as my current CCW. It's really nice, but I've learned I'm not a fan of the big kick of the 45 on a small frame pistol. It's also a single stack, but I think I want to cut back on the caliber.

Do you guys prefer the 9mm or the .40 S&W of the P239?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I'm leaning toward the .40 version. That way I can switch out the barrel with the .357 Sig if I want to. I love that round in my Glock 31, but she is pricey.

I'll have to sell the Kahr and my Sig Pro 2022 to fund this baby, but I think it will be well worth it.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though it's not a P239, I carry a P225. Its only a little larger, still only 8+1, and with two spare mags + my SW640, its plenty. No need to worry, like others have said its a SIG, she'll be just fine!!!

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 239 9mm I have is the closest thing to an all purpose ccw in one package that I have found. A good balanced platform, both weight and size. I have the SAS Gen 2, so the night sights and SRT with the smoothed edges all put it in perfect for anytime, any situation. Many have problems with only a single stack, but a pistol is to only fight your way to the real gun anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like doulble stack, high cap, but hate to hide it. I have put many rounds down the pipe with only one stove pipe (that was my wife with a linp wrist). She likes it so much though that I have purchased a threaded barrel and can for it so she can have it as it primary bedside sd weapon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom