Slide Stuck on Glock! Oh no! How to Get it Off...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So a member here on OSA who knows me gave me a call in some panic...seems he had cleaned his Glock after shooting it and upon reassembling, realized he had not put the barrel and recoil spring back in when he slid that slide on the frame. :homer:

Yep, he told me he clicked that sucker right back on there then looked down at the bench and there they were. Barrel and spring. Welp, this is not something you wanna do, as the slide will be stuck on the frame tighter than a drum and the gun really doesn't shoot worth a hoot without a barrel and RSA. I mean it's on there too; you might as well have welded it on! So I told him I could probably fix it, and promised him I would not divulge his name on here, as both he and I are almost certain that many of the fine folks here would call him a major-league dumbass and more...and I won't, as long as he keeps buying me beers. But cut the beer off pal, and you might as well change your screen name to Dumbo. LOL!
:drink:

So should this ever happen to you, :scratch: here's the fix:

First, you need to get your Glock Armorer's Tool Kit ready to go.
81f3f7418b4eed5c365a51cf3008337c.jpg

Then all you do is draw the slide back as far as you can, slip a piece of wood or the handle of a screwdriver or something down in the opening to hold the slide to the rear. Now, using the pointy part of the Glock Armorer's Tool Kit, press down on the tab on the underside of the striker, and carefully push the rear cover plate off the back of the slide. And I mean carefully, that thing is under tension and it can fly up and put your eye plumb dang out! Then you would be a one-eyed dumbass.

Once you have that rear cover plate off, pull the striker out, and the extractor plunger and spring, and then shake the crap out of the thing and let the extractor, and safety plunger and it's itsy bitsy teeny tiny little spring fall free. Careful here too, there are some small parts here that will go to SPBHH, (small parts black hole hell) never to be found again.

Then put the whole thing back together correctly. And there you have it.:sunbath:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or, you could line up slide and frame pull the trigger and push the slide off.

Well yeah; but man, this thing was locked up tight. I’m talking really, really tight. And there was NO pulling of any trigger, not even a little bit. Why? You got me, all I could figure out was to somehow get that rear slide cover plate off to unlock whatever was locked up. It worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The question is why would anybody want to fix a Glock?

Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! <waves hand frantically in the air>

Because Glock paperweights are worth even less than Glock shooters... :drunk2:

Mmmkay...

...making a list...

CorpsVet, MacFromOK,...

Edit:...dennishoddy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom