Sly speaks out for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Robert Duval plays Stalin, or if Albert Finny plays Hitler, they are not in any way endorsing the actions of those individuals. Not even by the most outlandish stretch of the imagination.

Ahhh but if Robert Duvall played Stalin or Hitler in every single movie he did, one could assume he has a degree of admiration and respect for him. There in lies the difference.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the love of all that is logical! Sly has always been anti-gun! This is nothing new!

Why do you care so much about what this roid junkie thinks anyway? If he starts a campaign against roids than he is a hypocrit, but there is a long list of "action" star who are not pro-gun.

Ignernt, please try making more sense in your comparisons. I agree that it makes no difference what roles an actor has been in. Comparing a pirate actor to someone who illegally obtains copyrighted media is just silly and does nothing for your arguement. Also, you keep comparing firearms to acts or people which is just dumb. A firearm is an object.

Last edited:

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let's say you're Johnny Depp, and people start bootlegging copies of your Pirate movies and you come out against Piracy.

The reason this is not hypocricy, is that you are playing a roll in a movie.

You aren't endorsing piracy by appearing in a movie about piracy.

Movies are make believe.

Are they really make believe if they are based on true events? I mean seriously, every town in America has it's own Rambo or Barney.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_tonybeets_zpseca88775.jpg

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the love of all that is logical! Sly has always been anti-gun! This is nothing new!

Why do you care so much about what this roid junkie thinks anyway? If he starts a campaign against roids than he is a hypocrit, but there is a long list of "action" star who are not pro-gun.

Ignernt, please try making more sense in your comparisons. I agree that it makes no difference what roles an actor has been in. Comparing a pirate actor to someone who illegally obtains copyrighted media is just silly and does nothing for your arguement. Also, you keep comparing firearms to acts or people which is just dumb. A firearm is an object.
What?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, Stalone can ram it up the pipe for all I care, but using guns in a movie is not an endorsement of guns in any way.

True but he and others have made a crap ton of money off of the public perception of what guns do. They play a pretty integral part in the theme of their movies. There's no denying that.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let's say you're Johnny Depp, and people start bootlegging copies of your Pirate movies and you come out against Piracy.

The reason this is not hypocricy, is that you are playing a roll in a movie.

You aren't endorsing piracy by appearing in a movie about piracy.

Movies are make believe.
I agree. Of course Stallone, and Depp, are not hipocrites. They are liberal democrates, and as such, are immune, or should be, from such allegations. Only conservatives are hipocrites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom