Sly speaks out for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a guy plays a rapist in a movie, does that mean he's glorifying rape?Very Soviet view of art.

What if the guy plays a rapist in thirty movies? Would creating a rapist hero would be wrong? Would it require that a real rapist copies his movies for it to be a problem? Saying that it is only a movie doesn't make it harmless.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He played a boxer who never touched a gun in a ton of movies. He played a rhinestone cowboy in a movie with Dolly Parton. Movies are just movies. I find it difficult to believe that you guys are still arguing about this.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that Stallone is somewhat of a hypocrite. After all, nobody is forcing him to take these roles. He is a big enough star that he can pick and choose what he wants to do and has been for decades.

If he dislikes guns so damn much, then he should decline roles that glorify them.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they were threatening to increase regulations of steroids I bet he would have a different view of the government interfering in his personal life.

I do agree that movies are not reality, but they are a very realistic portrayal of life and many actors have refused to do movies or scenes they disagreed with.

I, as an example, am a Christian. I would not be in a movie where my character was supposed to denounce Christ, no matter what they offered to pay. I would honor my beliefs. Its the same with other things as well. Your life needs to reflect your beliefs or else they are meaningless.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, Stalone can ram it up the pipe for all I care, but using guns in a movie is not an endorsement of guns in any way.

Who said it was? We said him making boatloads of cash with guns, then telling others they shouldn't have access to said guns is hypocrisy. It is, period. It makes him look like a *********.

Latest posts

Top Bottom