Sly speaks out for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the sort of information that you alone can provide, Jack. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who appreciates it.

I don't know. Half my days are spent taking care of my 3 grandchildren. All under 5. Yesterday they wanted me to read them books. All I had handy was my "How to Keep Your Subaru Alive" book. One had too many questions, the other just wanted to shoot me with a nerf gun and the youngest enjoys sticking her fingers in my ear. I'm losin' it. Got get one of those lights...........

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_subarualive_zpsd63cfdf1.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he hates guns so much, why does he keep playing in movies that glorify them? Isn't he a big enough star to pick and choose what he wants to do?

Yes; he is a hypocrite.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutly not. I remain in the dark. I shouldn't have posted in this thread to begin with. I thought you guys would have instantly seen that all forms of moral bankrupsy aren't summed up by the word hypocricy. You need to find another school teacher word to put on it.
Because so far, you either dont know what movies are or you don't know what hypocricy is.
You might still get into heaven without knowing these things, but somehow, I doubt it.

Hypocrisy

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or trying to enforce standards, attitudes, lifestyles virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually hold and may even regularly violate. Hypocrisy often involves the deception of others and thus can be considered a kind of lie.

Hypocrisy is not simply failing to practice those virtues that one preaches. Samuel Johnson made this point when he wrote about the misuse of the charge of "hypocrisy" in Rambler No. 14:

Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory, as a man may be confident of the advantages of a voyage, or a journey, without having courage or industry to undertake it, and may honestly recommend to others, those attempts which he neglects himself.

Thus, an alcoholic's advocating temperance, for example, would not be considered an act of hypocrisy as long as the alcoholic made no pretense of constant sobriety.

Fact: Stallone, who just called for banning assault weapons, also just released his latest movie called "Bullet to the Head".

Fact; Stallone has made HUGE profits from using the very guns he supports banning.

Fact: Stallone has NOT supported this viewpoint with any pretense of refusing to use the very same guns to make obscene profits in the future.

Therefore, he is in fact, promoting or trying to enforce standards, attitudes, lifestyles virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that he does not actually hold and does indeed regularly regularly violate, for profit no less.

I fail to see where he in any way is attempting to or even wishes to stop using guns he says you and I have no need for. He does not therefore fall into the category of one who is falsely accused of hypocrisy.

Feel free to refute my position, if you can. In the meantime, I'll just leave this here. :)

comicattack.net_wp_content_uploads_2012_12_bullet_to_the_head_banner.jpg

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
O.K. GED, you do know what hypocricsy is. You've proven that. Now we're talking about something. Now we're making progress.

I guess the real problem is that you don't know what movies are. That's o.k. alot of people don't.
Movies are fictional entertainment. They aren't real.

If Stallone living his real life in the real world, takes an anti-gun stance, then goes home to his real life and protects his house with guns, then he's a hypocrite.

If Stallone attacks my real world gun rights, and surrounds himself with armed body gaurds, then he is a hypocrite

If he insists upon his imaginary movie gun rights while denying me my imaginary gun rights, then he is a hypocrite.

My own real world opinion, is that we're talking a little too much about his real world opinion. It's fun though, and that's what keeps us going. We could wind up like a bunch of censorious old ladies telling people about how entertainment is whats wrong with our troubled republic. That's another form of entertainment.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O.K. GED, you do know what hypocricsy is. You've proven that. Now we're talking about something. Now we're making progress.

I guess the real problem is that you don't know what movies are. That's o.k. alot of people don't.
Movies are fictional entertainment. They aren't real.

If Stallone living his real life in the real world, takes an anti-gun stance, then goes home to his real life and protects his house with guns, then he's a hypocrite.

If Stallone attacks my real world gun rights, and surrounds himself with armed body gaurds, then he is a hypocrite

If he insists upon his imaginary movie gun rights while denying me my imaginary gun rights, then he is a hypocrite.

My own real world opinion, is that we're talking a little too much about his real world opinion. It's fun though, and that's what keeps us going. We could wind up like a bunch of censorious old ladies telling people about how entertainment is whats wrong with our troubled republic. That's another form of entertainment.

1. It doesn't matter that the byproducts (movies) are ficticious. Stallone's use of the guns to make money is real. He isn't paid in Monopoly money! :)

2. I have no idea whether he owns personal guns for home or self-defense, but I'll bet he wouldn't be opposed to calling for police to respond with guns!

3. Stallone HAS used armed bodyguards in the past. There is no evidence he plans to relenquish this option. :(

4. He would NEVER impugne your right to anything imaginary, that's his stock in trade! :)

I really don't have a problem with him being anti-gun. It's his hypocrisy that I take issue with!

Latest posts

Top Bottom