Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ran another 350-400 rounds of Remy GB through it today. Had a few ejection issues but I'm chalking that up to the new Plinker Tactical 35rd mag I was trying out since the S&W and Promag didn't have a single issue. The GB ran well...but man is it dirty. I'm gonna have to get some gloves just to handle it. I've got some CCI but I'm thinking I'll just suck it up, do the cleaning, and run through the GB.

After cleaning both guns of their range workout, I decided to do a little color work:

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Still need to touch it up but I like it.

Thanks for the color fill idea.

I color filled a couple of my MP-15-22s (black and fde models) tonight. I rubbed the crayon hard into the gaps and wiped off the excess. Then, I used a hair dryer to heat the wax up a bit to fill the gaps better. After that, I rubbed more crayon on again to get areas that needed more. I scraped off excess with a plastic playing card. Then I wiped lightly with a rag and paint thinner. Turned out perfect and looks really cool. IMO. I used mostly white with a bit of red. Green did not show up very good.

I'm trying to figure out a crayon color that matches flat dark earth. i want to use it to color fill some of the areas of my 3rd MP15-22 b/c it is also MOE/FDE model. I want to do something different with this one. We have a shoe box full of crayons but no light browns or tans to choose from.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of you guys attached slings to your 15-22? I suppose a rail mounted sling attachment would work fine on the polymer rail?

That is exactly how I attached my paracord sling.

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Sling005E.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Sling017E.jpg

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Sling014E.jpg

I was originally using the cheap $10 Blackhawk two point sling attached in the same manner. It worked just as well.

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_DSC_0060E_1.jpg

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys attached slings to your 15-22? I suppose a rail mounted sling attachment would work fine on the polymer rail?

I put on a QD sling mount on mine w/ a GI sling for an Appleseed shoot and the stress of the pull on the sling eventually wore the polymer rail down and the sling mount fell off on the second day. At the next Appleseed I put a low riser mount on the bottom of the polymer rail then attached the sling mount to it, that seemed to work OK.

Anyway polymer rail, not a good design feature.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I used a $12 clamp on style sling adapter off eBay and a magpul pts rsa and magpul pts ms2 sling on mine. Plenty good for a 15-22

Side note: my father in law gave me 2 of his 5 mags and a buddy hooked me up with a new one so I'm sittin on 4 25rd mag thankfully.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Side note: my father in law gave me 2 of his 5 mags and a buddy hooked me up with a new one so I'm sittin on 4 25rd mag thankfully.

I have ordered 4 - 10 round long magazines directly from S&W in January and received after a couple of weeks. Even tho they say there are out of stock they are taking orders and ship when the mags come in. The 10 round longs are not in as much demand. They convert to 25 rounds in about two minutes. I am still waiting for two ten round short mags for bench work.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another 400-500 rounds of the Remy GB today. I attached a BSA 4x32 and sighted at 25yds. Dead on.
S&W, Promag, Plinker Tactical mags all fired. Just a few ejection issues. 4 if I recall correctly.

That plus 200rds through my Glock 19 equals a fun day for me.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i did a Steel Challenge yestereday and gun performed flawless using the Federal Champion bulk and S&W mags. I shot probably 160-170 bullets. Another guy on here brought his and it was flawless too. Not sure what ammo he was shooting. A very skilled guy brought out his 10/22 and had nothing but problems and he was shooting Federal Automatch. He had to quit due to the malfunctions. :(

Well atleast my GF's 10/22 didn't have any malfunctions ;)

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ordered 4 - 10 round long magazines directly from S&W in January and received after a couple of weeks. Even tho they say there are out of stock they are taking orders and ship when the mags come in. The 10 round longs are not in as much demand. They convert to 25 rounds in about two minutes. I am still waiting for two ten round short mags for bench work.

How were you able to order mags off the website? I have looked at the 10 and 25 round mags and there doesn't seem to be a way to buy or add to cart. It has out of stock, and no link to buy.