So about that Ukraine thing..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to buy an armload of hostess twinkees and park across the highway from Tinker AFB while I snack and wait.
Prolly charge the twinkees on my CC too.

1 vote for best response so far!

Though I must say I'm surprised at so many drive to ground zero and party responses. In this forum, I guess I kind of expected a grab the family and haul ass in x direction. That's one part of my game plan anyway. Figure worst case in attempting to survive is the same as the best case in driving to ground zero (except for the awesome party and fireworks show view).

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flip on Fox to watch them blame Obama, and go back to sleep.

But seriously, hopping in the car and driving in X direction is a bad idea, especially if you don't have a prepared destination...might as well stay home and see what happens next. Fill up the tubs, crack open the gun safe and.....

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 megaton air burst. 4-8 miles total destruction, 8-12 miles all frame and brick and basement structures totally destroyed with all loss of life due to lung, blast and thermal energy, 10-20 miles only reinforced concrete is possibly salvageable fallout shelters useless deep blast shelters helpful, 15-30 miles frame structures severely damaged as well as their basement structures 15% casualties just from flying objects. 20-30 miles all exposed skin has 2nd degree burns and flammable materials combust. up 40 miles out passive glance at blast produces blindness from retinal burn. Fire storms out to 20-30 miles at least.

Up to 4000 sqmi of fallout depending on wind. I'm not summarizing that part.

It's about 10-11 miles from tinker to Mathis Brother's.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for grins: How far would an attack on Tinker (S/SW wind @15) travel? Or, what type of area would be catastrophically affected?

Go Here: http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Type in City, hit "Go". Then select warhead type and hit "Detonate"….

Typical Chinese ICBM warhead airburst, 5MT, results in a 1.14 mile fireball radius, 7.5 mile blast radius, and a 15 mile 3rd degree burn radius. 285K dead and 400K+ injured.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I'm talking about (not nuclear war, just insightful conversation about a potential disaster). This scenario is one I've thought about a long time since it's only a couple bad decisions away and your lead time is measured in minutes rather than months.

With regard to what we know is facing us now (secret projects, etc are beyond the scope of anyone with reasonable means to prepare for imho), here is a couple links detailing the Russian strategic weapons deployed against the US.

russianforces.org said:
Current status

In January 2014 Russia was estimated to have 489 strategic launchers and about 1700 nuclear warheads. In its September 2013 New START data exchange Russia reported 473 deployed launchers with 1400 New START-accountable nuclear warheads.

The Strategic Rocket Forces were estimated to have 311 operational missile systems that include missiles that can carry 1078 warheads. These include 52 R-36M2 (SS-18) missiles, 40 UR-100NUTTH (SS-19) missiles, 108 road-mobile Topol (SS-25) systems, 60 silo-based and 18 road-mobile Topol-M (SS-27) systems, and 33 RS-24 missiles.

The Russian strategic fleet includes 7 operational strategic missile submarines with SLBMs, whose missiles can carry 112 missiles with nuclear warheads. Five operational Project 667BDRM submarines are based in the Northern Fleet. These submarines carry 80 R-29RM (SS-N-23) launchers. The only remaining Pacific Fleet base hosts two 667BDR (Delta III) submarines, which carry 36 R-29R (SS-N-18) missiles.

The Russian strategic aviation consists of 66 bombers that carry an estimated 200 long-range cruise missiles and bombs. The bombers are 11 Tu-160 (Blackjack) and 55 Tu-95MS (Bear H). The bombers can carry various modifications of the Kh-55 (AS-15) cruise missile and gravity bombs.

As of June 2014, the space-based tier of the early warning system includes two operational satellites on highly elliptical orbits. The constellation cannot maintain 24-hour coverage of the U.S. territory.

Latest posts

Top Bottom