So... As I was walking on the bridge of the Enterprise today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me the other day that he was working on a project.. Asked me if I wanted to help with computer issues and once he told me it was a life sized duplicate of the old school Enterprise bridge.. I'm in...

So I stopped by the building today to take a quick look on my way to visit my parents, I had the family with me so I wasnt going to spend a lot of time there.. Granted the whole unit had just been moved from one building to this one and was still being set back up and some things repaired... AWESOME!!!

The are hoping to get this perfect and do some filming by December... And I plan on helping them any chance I get..

If anyone is in a position to donate to help speed this project up.. Or if anyone wants to be an etra when they film.. I'm sure I can get you on a list somewhere... Here is the youtube link to this set when it was last all set up and all of the sparkleys were lit up..

http://youtu.be/hqNrboIVL5Y

They need 17 inch flat screens or smaller... Units that will send videos to multiple monitors... And something for the main screen..

Or if you are a a super nerd with time and skills to help connect and set up the 50+ monitors... And there's a little issue with those already... This set was made to the origional prints... In the 60's they didnt have 15 inch.. or 17 inch screens.. I think they just cut wholes and shoved tv's in them.. So the two monitors they did have set up had the plastic shells removed.. just to make them fit... And even then it looks like three more in the cluster wont fit... for any star trek fan.. its rather cool

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are these guys filming their own episodes, along the lines of this:
http://www.startreknewvoyages.com/?

They started casting calls saturday.. And looking to have the set back together and looking better than the video I posted by December..

They have at least one script ready to shoot. So yes.. New episodes. I hope the spock looks better than a few of the episodes I have seen on youtube...

The way the set is built I can see it being a pain to fit the 50+ LCD's into the windows... And I dont think they have the big LCD for the main screen.. I dont know what they used last time.. But a high def dvd of a klingon or romulan Or even a cool looking planet showing up on the screen as the camera filmed stepping out of the turbo lift would rock!

It's a full 360 degree set... Even in the state I saw it in was amazing... I started wondering how much room I had in my garage to make one for me..

Nerd alert I guess lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom