So you want a 1911????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang it all to heck! That's a good deal on that gun!

You guys HAVE to report back on fit and finish.

How's slide to frame fit?
Is it ramped?
Does it lock up nice and tight?
Hows the magazine?
Is the front sight a post or dovetail?
Hows the trigger pull? much take up?
any FTF or FTE's?

Dang it I gotta order one. I just gotta. This is going to cut into my cowboy money - maybe I can say I'm getting it for wild bunch (I don't shoot wild bunch yet)

PSA said that due to order volume, it may take up to 15 days to process the order. I order from them for their prices, not their speedy processing. :)

I did get through to them on Monday to confirm that they have my FFL holder on file, so no issues there!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PSA said that due to order volume, it may take up to 15 days to process the order. I order from them for their prices, not their speedy processing. :)

I did get through to them on Monday to confirm that they have my FFL holder on file, so no issues there!

Mine is on the truck. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up mine from Sooner State today. These look like incredible 1911s for the price. I did receive an email from the dealer on a potential problem on some of the ATIs with the safety not working. Mine functions fine and has excellent fit.

Here is the email I received from High Plains:

Erick

There has been a report of an ATI FX45 Model 1911 releasing the hammer and hitting the firing pin with the safety engaged. This is NOT normal.

We do not know if this is a manufacturer defect for a single weapon, or a batch of serial numbers.

We have function tested ALL remaining guns that we have in inventory, and we cannot replicate the issue on our items, however we need ALL customers that have recently purchased any ATI FX45 1911 to verify that their firearm properly operates and that the safety DOES NOT ALLOW the hammer to fall when the trigger is depressed.

Please view the link to the youtube video that was posted to view the issue. If you receive a weapon that releases the hammer with the safety engaged, DO NOT attempt to fire your weapon! Please contact Tim at High Plains Gun Shop so that we can gather your serial number to pass on to the manufacturer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uT1UUx2dY

If your weapon is defective, we will work with you to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, however we will need to discuss this issue with the manufacturer first thing Monday Morning!

Please check your weapons as immediately as you possibly can and let us know if you are experiencing the same issue. Please email [email protected] if your weapon is defective.

If your weapon functions properly, please do not send an email back telling us that it is fine. This is an extremely important safety issue, we have sold a large quantity of these and we do not want to accidentally miss an email from someone that has a weapon with the problem because we are deleting emails from people telling us that their weapons are fine.

If you have ANY questions at all regarding this matter. Please email [email protected] and we will respond back to you as quickly as we can.

Please note that we 100% stand behind our products that we sell we will do whatever it takes to ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the products and services that you receive from me and my staff at High Plains Gun Shop.

Tim

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up mine from Sooner State today. These look like incredible 1911s for the price. I did receive an email from the dealer on a potential problem on some of the ATIs with the safety not working. Mine functions fine and has excellent fit.

Here is the email I received from High Plains:

Erick

There has been a report of an ATI FX45 Model 1911 releasing the hammer and hitting the firing pin with the safety engaged. This is NOT normal.

We do not know if this is a manufacturer defect for a single weapon, or a batch of serial numbers.

We have function tested ALL remaining guns that we have in inventory, and we cannot replicate the issue on our items, however we need ALL customers that have recently purchased any ATI FX45 1911 to verify that their firearm properly operates and that the safety DOES NOT ALLOW the hammer to fall when the trigger is depressed.

Please view the link to the youtube video that was posted to view the issue. If you receive a weapon that releases the hammer with the safety engaged, DO NOT attempt to fire your weapon! Please contact Tim at High Plains Gun Shop so that we can gather your serial number to pass on to the manufacturer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6uT1UUx2dY

If your weapon is defective, we will work with you to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, however we will need to discuss this issue with the manufacturer first thing Monday Morning!

Please check your weapons as immediately as you possibly can and let us know if you are experiencing the same issue. Please email [email protected] if your weapon is defective.

If your weapon functions properly, please do not send an email back telling us that it is fine. This is an extremely important safety issue, we have sold a large quantity of these and we do not want to accidentally miss an email from someone that has a weapon with the problem because we are deleting emails from people telling us that their weapons are fine.

If you have ANY questions at all regarding this matter. Please email [email protected] and we will respond back to you as quickly as we can.

Please note that we 100% stand behind our products that we sell we will do whatever it takes to ensure that you are 100% satisfied with the products and services that you receive from me and my staff at High Plains Gun Shop.

Tim

Sounds like someone on the line might have been overly aggressive on fitting the thumb safeties. If mine has that issue, I'll report it but not send it back. It's destined to get kitted with Wilson and Brown parts anyway.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough to pass on that deal. My first was an American Classic I I. It shoots great so I got the itch and ended up with a Dan Wesson Heritage and CCO. I've been looking for a bargain on a Colt GI but the ATI may fill the void. 1911's are addictive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom