Speaking of car tags...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I read through all this, a couple of things come to mind- if I get the 2 year and I sell or total that vehicle in 9 months- am I eating the 2nd year- yes is the answer, I'm sure. Is that more BS getting it done every year- yes. Before we had to take the plate off, I sold an old RV I had to a guy for cash. I was so glad to see that thing go, I didn't make him meet at the tag office and transfer it. Well, you guessed it- the jerk didn't ever register in his name and went to Thunderbird where the thing caught on fire, or he torched it, down to the frame. Guess who gets a $1000 tow bill- Guess who gets a ticket from Lake enforcement for non-payment of camping fees. Didn't pay the towing but had to pay that camping fee to keep from getting a worse deal going. I don't know what a good deal is on this tag and DL but I'm sure there is somewhere where it's a smooth operation. Why don't we copy that.
I always insist on the transfer. I don't care if I know them, it transferred out of my name.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold a car once to a kid that didnt even know how to sign his name his mom had to do it for him but we went to the tag office and done all the paperwork but he never changed the name on it and we got a bill for a toll in Dallas and i ended up spending more on getting copies of the paperwork to prove when i sold it than it would have cost if i had just paid the toll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom