Speaking of car tags...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no real justifiably reason to have to pay for a tag every year except to generate money for the .gov, it should be you buy a tag at a one time fee and keep it for life putting it on a vehicle when purchased and the excise tax should be a one time fee not everytime the vehicle changes ownership.
I thought that's how it was. I see paper tags all the time, and some with the ink worn off.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should offer 10 year tags since they won't inspect vehicles.

I figure the 2 year or more, let's them fill the coffers FOR THIS YEAR. Next year, they will whine about a shortfall, due to reduced collections and raise fees or something else.

i done the 3 year on boat and motor. 2 year on RV. But could only do 1 year on my pickup. ??????

if you want something screwed up, put goobermint in charge of it.

There is no real justifiably reason to have to pay for a tag every year except to generate money for the .gov, it should be you buy a tag at a one time fee and keep it for life putting it on a vehicle when purchased and the excise tax should be a one time fee not everytime the vehicle changes ownership.

It's for the children

and these fabulous roads. If it wasn't for those fees and tolls, our roads would be horrendous.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday I discovered that my DL (Real ID compliant) expired at the end of August. I just got back from the Service Oklahoma location on I-240 @ I-35. I walked out 10 minutes later with my license renewed for the next eight years. Very well operated and virtually no wait. Naturally it may get a little more crowded later in the day. I was concerned about being able to renew on line since I was expired so I was expecting to have a long boring morning. Some surprises are great things.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you met these redneck, techtard, back water, inbred country, 3rd grade drop outs?

We try, but minimum effort isn't in the equation.

The divorce / name change dilemma can be daunting for some.
I worked with a woman that had been married and divorced 7 times. #2 & #5 were the same fool. Between #3 & #4, only 3 days (Monday - Friday) between divorce and remarried, she didn't go back to maiden name. It was then discovered, she had put wrong birthday on 2 different employment records.
She was having all kinds of problems getting RealID.

We told her, if she needed help proving who she was, tell the contact Holiday Inn, they had named whole wings of the buildings after her.

Yes, we ended up in HR. He laughed harder than us. Just because it's true, doesn't mean you can say it.
DON'T BE CALLIN NO HO A HO

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I read through all this, a couple of things come to mind- if I get the 2 year and I sell or total that vehicle in 9 months- am I eating the 2nd year- yes is the answer, I'm sure. Is that more BS getting it done every year- yes. Before we had to take the plate off, I sold an old RV I had to a guy for cash. I was so glad to see that thing go, I didn't make him meet at the tag office and transfer it. Well, you guessed it- the jerk didn't ever register in his name and went to Thunderbird where the thing caught on fire, or he torched it, down to the frame. Guess who gets a $1000 tow bill- Guess who gets a ticket from Lake enforcement for non-payment of camping fees. Didn't pay the towing but had to pay that camping fee to keep from getting a worse deal going. I don't know what a good deal is on this tag and DL but I'm sure there is somewhere where it's a smooth operation. Why don't we copy that.

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pulled up behind this car last week at the east bound Loves on the Turner turnpike. Lady was attempting to get fuel, trying to use more than a couple of debit/credit cards.
In the past few days alone, I’ve noticed paper tags dated as far back as November 2023 driving around Tulsa and OKC.
IMG_9347.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom